- Designed for steam boilers where more than 80% of the steam condenses into water and returns to the boiler as condensate. Easy to apply. Easy to test. Can be shipped UPS Ground in 5-gallon containers.
- Balanced blend of nitrite, borax, azole and polymeric organic dispersants. Protects iron, copper and brass metals.
- Has dedicated iron oxide dispersants to retard rust deposits.
- Contains a steam line treatment that neutralizes low acidic pH in the condensate return lines.
- Can be used on steam boilers that have hard water makeup, however, for best results soften makeup water.
- BW409 is intended for use in boilers operating in the low and medium pressure range below 300 psi.
- This boiler chemistry has been successfully used in schools, high-rise buildings and apartment buildings where steam is used for heating and there is less than 20% loss of condensate.
BW409 Application Rate and Control Parameters
- BW409 can be fed by hand or with a chemical metering pump connected to the feed water storage tank or feed water line. If possible, interlock the chemical metering pump to the boiler feed water pump so that chemical is fed in proportion to load. Feed one gallon per 100 gallons of boiler water.
- Use Nitrite Test Kit P.N.# CNTK3300-Z to test for BW409. The recommended test range is 800 - 1500 ppm as Sodium Nitrite.
- Log test results. Read Cannon Water Technology Inc.’s “Basic Steam Boiler Water Treatment”.
BW409 Physical Properties
Refer to the BW409 SDS for further health, safety and environmental information regarding this product. Information and recommendations in this bulletin are based on information believed to be reliable. However, the use of the product is beyond the control of Cannon Water Technology Inc. and no guarantee, expressed or implied, is made as to the effects of such the results to be obtained if not used in accordance with directions or established safe practice. The buyer must assume all responsibility, including injury or damage, resulting from misuse of the product as such, or in combination with other material.
1 Review Write a Review
Great value. Will definitely be purchasing more again.