LAKOS separators are simple, yet extremely useful for removing sand, grit and other fine solids from the source of process water/liquid systems in commercial and residential facilities. These sand separators are equipped with centrifugal style of filtration. This enables them to effectively prevent 98% of sand and other fine particles from entering the water distribution system and its components. Ideally suited for small system applications, these centrifugal water filters are the proven solution to keep your water well sand-free. At Cannon Water Technology, Inc., we offer several models of water well sand separators that help to extend the life of water treatment systems with active sand removal. The SKU of LAKOS separators is ILB.Specifications of LAKOS Separators
These water well sand separators are available in both carbon steel and stainless steel material constructions. At Cannon Water, LAKOS versatile low flow rate filtration solution is available in the following specifications.
- Maximum Pressure Rating: 150 psi ()10.3 bar)
- Pressure loss Range: 5 – 12 psi (0.3 – 0.8 bar)
- Purge Size (All Moels): 3/4 N.P.T., Male
- Maximum Particle Size
- Lakos ILB-0037: 1/4″ (6.35 mm)
- Lakos ILB-0050: 1/4″ (6.35 mm)
- Lakos ILB-0075: 1/4″ (6.35 mm)
- Lakos ILB-0100: 1/4″ (6.35 mm)
- All the other models (Lakos ILB-0125, Lakos ILB-0150, Lakos ILB-0200, Lakos ILB-0250, Lakos ILB-0300): 3/8″ (9.25 mm)
- Collection Number Capacity:
- Lakos ILB-0200: 0.8 U.S. gal (3.03 liters)
- Lakos ILB-0250: 1.25 U.S. gal (4.73 liters)
- Lakos ILB-0300: 2.2 U.S. gal (8.33 liters)
- All other models: 0.3 U.S. gal (1.2 liters)
- Shell material and head material of 0.135 inch wall or better
- Paint Coating: Acrylic Urethane, Spray-on, Royal Blue
Features of LAKOS Centrifugal Water Filters
LAKOS separators are the popular choice for removing sand from home or ranch water supply due to their several beneficial features as mentioned below:
- They guarantee maintenance-free and long-term operation owing to their construction and fewer moving parts.
- These sand separators help save labor, as there are no screens, cartridges, cones or filter elements to clean or replace.
- No extensive back-flushing; this helps minimize water/liquid loss to a large extent.
- They are robustly designed to offer continuous operation without routine shutdowns for cleaning or maintenance.
- They assure optimum performance without troublesome pressure fluctuations.
- These easy-to-install centrifugal water filters can be availed with an automatic purge valve for maintenance-free operation and a compact valve for normal to heavy-duty purge requirements.
- These compact and space-saving profiles reduce maintenance costs by 60% - 90%, energy and chemical consumption by 10% or more, and water consumption by 3% - 5%.
The separators are designed with a tangential inlet, and mutually tangential internal accelerating slots. The purpose of these parts is to provide proper velocity required to remove the sand particles and other fine debris efficiently from the pumped/pressurized liquid system. An internal vortex is also designed to support the process without causing any wear/damage to the accelerating slots.
Unwanted solids from the water/liquid systems get into the solids collection chamber by spiral downward along the perimeter of the inner separation barrel. The collected debris then go spirally upward to the separator outlet through the center vortex in the separation barrel.