In the process industries, various types of liquids are used for cleaning, or production purposes. The velocity of these liquids is measured using various advanced devices such as flow meters. As the name suggests, ultrasonic flow meters are used to measure the velocity of liquids, which allow ultrasonic waves to pass through them. Water, chemicals, molten sulfur, and cryogenic liquids are a few liquids whose velocity can be measured using ultrasonic flow meters. There are various ultrasonic flow meters available for consideration. The Sonic Pro S4 series is one of the most advanced flow meters used in the process industry. Cannon Water Technology, Inc. provides this non-intrusive flow transducer under SKU S4. This inline ultrasonic flow meter measures water flow employing the transit time method. The flow meter is NSF 61 certified, and is equipped with housing which is NEMA 4X (IP 66) certified for wash downs.
Specifications of Sonic-Pro S4 Ultrasonic Flow Meter
We can provide the Sonic-Pro S4 Ultrasonic flow meter in the following specifications:
- Measuring Principle: Ultrasonic - Transit Time
- Fluid: Water to 5% (0 to 50,000 ppm) particulate
- Fluid Velocity Range: 0.5-30 feet per second (0.15 to 9 meters per second)
- Pipe Sizes: 0.50, 0.75, 1.00, 1.50 and 2 inch IPS pipe sizes
- Accuracy: +/- 2% of rate > 1 ft/sec. +/- 0.10 ft/sec < 1ft/sec
- Operating Temperature: 14 F to 140 F (-10 C to 60 C) Storage: -40 F to 158 F (-40 C to 70 C)
- Meter Size: The meter is available in the following sizes:
- Dimensions: 7.24H x 6.69W x 3.11D inches (184H x 170W x 79D mm)
- Weight: 3.7 lb. (1.7 Kg)
- External Communication: Connections can be made through the following optional communication modules – industrial Ethernet/IP
- Modbus TCP
- Modbus RTU
- Profinet RT/IO
- Profibus DPV1
- Environment : NEMA 4X (IP66)
- Data Outputs : The flow meter performs with the following data outputs:
- Fully Configurable, Invertible: Isolated 4-20 mA output
- Fully Configurable, Invertible: 0-1000 Hz Pulse output
- Process Control:
- Two independently configurable Form C relays with load capacity of 30V, 100mA max (ext. supplied)
- Configure to Flow Rate: For high/low/range rate alarm. Programmable release values enable manual batching or auto release operation.
- Configure to Flow Total: For automatically triggered, timed batch operations for proportional feed applications.
- Data Logging: The flow total data, as well as date/time stamped flow rate is provided in FAT32 file format. This data can be easily imported into Excel. The data is configurable to trigger on time interval (1-999,999 sec), rate and/or total set-point values. The memory buffer can store a huge amount of data up to 191,800 log events. The data is downloadable to flash memory via USB port.
Beneficial Features of Sonic-Pro S4 Ultrasonic Flow Meter
The Sonic-Pro S4 ultrasonic flow meter is becoming a fast replacement for several other ultrasonic flow meters in the market due to several beneficial features they offer. The following are a few benefits offered by these flow meters:
- The transducers are non-intrusive, which means they don’t come in contact with the fluids to be measured.
- This device employs transit time operating mode for measuring water containing chemicals in low concentrations, or particulates up to 5%.
- The transducer has no moving parts, or liners, which minimizes the wearing. Hence, the device is largely maintenance-free.
- Designed with a special low-power mode, the device can be operated for limited functions.
- This transducer can be interfaced with advanced communication like Modbus RTU, Industrial Ethernet, Modbus TCP, PROFINET, and PROFIBUS TPV1.
- Fitted with an inline spool piece, the device can be easily installed.
- The device is NSF 61 listed for drinking water standards.
Applications of Sonic-Pro S4 Ultrasonic Flow Meter
The following are a few applications that utilize these ultrasonic flow meters regularly:
- Ultra-Pure Water
- Raw Sewage
- Chemical Additives
- Primary Sludge
- Waste and Return Activated Sludge
- Ground Water
Industries Using Sonic-Pro S4 Ultrasonic Flow Meter
The following are the industries where these ultrasonic flow meters are used more often:
- Oil and Gas
- Wastewater and Water
- Food and Beverage
- Metals and Mining
- Pulp and Paper
Know more about the Product through below PDFs:-