An injection quill is a chemical and abrasion resistant tool that is used to transfer corrosive chemicals into the pipeline, exactly till where it is required. In this process, the abrasive fluid does not touch the walls of the pipeline, thus preventing them from corrosion. Additionally, these chemical injection quills assure even distribution and mixing of the fluids through the pipe. Cannon Water Technology, Inc., provides a variety of injection quills and chemical injection fittings of various brands. We can offer the right fitment for your industry.
Types of Chemical Injection Quills
The models of injection quills available with us are either of the two types:
- Retractable: In this type, the operator does not have to depressurize the pipeline; they can simply retract the quill. In a way this is essential because, cleaning and maintenance of the quill becomes easy for the operator. Also, production time is not wasted.
- Non-Retractable: These quills cannot be removed easily. The operator needs to depressurize the pipeline for the quill to come off. This types of quill is challenging to clean as depressurizing is essential every time. Also, for certain critical processes, this may be a challenge as the transfer of fluids needs to be stopped before a pipe is depressurized. So, this is a waste of productive time.
Common Features of Chemical Injection Quills
The following features of injection quills have helped promote their easy acceptance across various industries.
- Injection quills provided by us are made of sturdy materials such as stainless steel, Inconel, Hastelloy, as well as PVC or ceramic.
- They are available in a wide pressure range.
- These quills come with a valve that prevents the backflow of fluids.
- To get the right flow of fluids at the required speed, selecting the correct piping is crucial. Usually, 3.25" is a pretty standard length, which fits moist pipes well, but we can customize them to fit your requirement.
- The quill should be pointing in the upward direction; there are spring-loaded models of injection quills in case a different positioning is required. This positioning depends on the direction of flow as required
However, this is a very broad segmentation. Injection quills differ on the basis of their length, application, and the amount of insertion within the pipe. For instance, there are specifically-designed chemical injector quills and chlorine injection quills for transferring chlorine and other chemicals. Some are specially designed for the oil & gas and petrochemical industries. Injection quills transfer fluids at different speeds. For instance, Cannon Water offers Neptune injection quills that are designed for a rapid transfer of fluids.
Applications of Injection Quills
Injection quills are used in all industries, which handle transfer of fluids and especially abrasive ones. Some of them include:
- Oil & gas
- Paints and emulsions
- Water and wastewater
- Soaps and detergents
- Food & beverages
So, injection quills are a one-tool solution for several transferring and mixing equipment one may require to handle corrosive fluids. Are you looking for injection quills for your application? If yes, you can contact the experts at Cannon Water Technology, Inc. We have several brands of injection quills available with us, such as Neptune, Stenner, and Walchem, and can assist you in choosing the right one to suit your requirement. We also assist with the injection quill installation process. For details, you can reach us on phone or email.
- What is the purpose of injection quill?
It is mechanical device used for introduce corrosive chemicals into a pipeline without damaging the pipe wall or the side port at the exact point of injection.
- What is injection quill for dosing?
Injection quills consist of a hollow needle with an attached plunger that is inserted into the fluid and then pushed down, allowing the fluid to be injected in precise amounts. Dosing injection quills are specifically designed for accurately measuring and delivering small doses of liquid chemicals such as acids, bases, solvents, etc., which makes them ideal for use in industrial processes where exact measurements are required.
- How does a chemical injection quill work?
A chemical injection quill works by using a motor-driven pump to force liquid under pressure through tubes which extend from the main pipe into side pipes for injecting the fluid at specific points. These side pipes can be connected either directly or via small valves.
- Where are Chemical Injection Quills typically used?
Chemical injection quills are most commonly found on oil rigs, water treatment facilities, and industrial manufacturing plants where accuracy is critical to effective operation.
- What benefits Chemical Injection Quills provide?
Due to their ability to be installed directly onto pipe lines with no additional hardware needed for secure mounting in place, chemical injection quills offer significant savings both in terms of installation costs as well as valuable space occupied by running traditional piping runs via bulkheads.
- How long is an injection quill?
An injection quill is typically between 4 and 6 inches in length.
- What is a retractable injection quill?
A retractable injection quill is a device used in the pharmaceutical industry to inject liquids into containers. It consists of an outer tube with a needle at one end and a plunger at the other, which can be retracted when not in use. The quill allows for precise control over liquid flow rate and direction, making it ideal for applications such as filling syringes or vials with medication.