Stainless Steel Basket and Sock Filter
Strainers are an integral part of filtration systems. They are used in several industrial applications and more commonly water treatment. Depending on their type, they filter out particulate matter as small as 30 to 50 microns in size. At Cannon Water Technology, we offer stainless steel water filters for use in various industrial applications. While, we do have our own manufacturing unit, we ensure to also source these stainless steel basket strainers from reputed manufacturers such as Vector Industries. We offer these water filter stainless steel baskets, mostly cylindrical in shape, in various types and configurations. Aside from these, we also offer fabric or sock filters.
How Do Stainless Steel Water Filtration Work?
These stainless steel filter basket are quite simple to operate and actually work as filters as well as strainers depending on your requirement. You can integrate these with your process system quite easily, and most times there are no compatibility issues. The fluid or water would enter the filter through the inlet hole of the main system. Filtering happens in batches where the bigger particles are simply strained out before the further step of actual filtration. They remove particles as small as 40 micron or less, some of which are not even visible to our eyes. There is a system outlet where this filtered fluid flows out of the strainer into the required connected equipment such as a pipe or jar. These filters need to be unclogged at point where the residue starts clogging the strainer.
Beneficial Features of Our Stainless Steel Basket Strainers
Here are some more beneficial features of these stainless steel basket strainer filters.
- Our stainless steel filters are made of 316 SS which offers robustness, corrosion resistance, and can withstand high temperatures.
- They evenly distribute the fluid through the media or perform as required in the process.
- They have a superior water filtration capacity and can eliminate the smallest of particle sizes.
- We offer them in mainly four types- cylindrical, plain, woven, and pleated.
- We offer various mesh sizes which are determined by the number of threads per inch on the filter. The higher this count, the better is the quality of that filter.
- Our filter designs are such that they are compatible with most systems and connected equipment.
- Since we use high quality stainless steel as the prime material, it is easy to clean and maintain.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Stainless Steel Water Filters
Choosing stainless steel water filters seems easy, but it requires careful consideration of various factors. The following pointers will ease the selection process.
- Water Source and Degree of Contamination: The first and utmost important consideration is to identify the source of water supply and measure the contaminants present. Sediments, bacteria, chlorine, heavy metals, and organic compounds are common water impurities. Understanding the precision level required for the application will help you choose the right basket filter with appropriate filtration capabilities.
- Filter Size and Capacity: Another important consideration is the flow rate and capacity of the filter. Select the appropriate one to fulfill your application demand. For instance, large filters with higher flow rates are ideal for whole-house systems, while smaller filters may be used for point-of-use applications like drinking water.
- Filter Lifespan: Check the lifespan of the filter and maintenance requirements. Some have longer-lasting filter media, while other filters may need frequent cartridge replacements. Neatly consider these factors before making any firm decision.
- Water Pressure: Ensure your chosen filter can maintain adequate water pressure in your plumbing system. Some filters may reduce water pressure, which can concern some users.
- Certifications: Look for water filters with NSF certification, as this helps ensure the filter meets specific quality and performance standards.
- Installation and Compatibility: Irrespective of the water filter type, it must be easy to install and compatible with the existing plumbing system. Some filters can be DIY projects, while some demand professional installation.
- Budget: You need to set a budget for your water filter purchase, considering not only the initial cost but also ongoing maintenance expenses. Stainless steel filters can be more cost-effective in the long run than plastic alternatives.
- Warranty and Customer Support: It is mandatory to check the manufacturer's warranty and the availability of customer support if you find any issues with your filter.
These aforementioned factors help you in selecting the right stainless steel water filter that best meets your water purification needs and preferences.
Maintenance Tips for Stainless Steel Basket and Sock Filters
It is vital to maintain stainless steel basket filters to ensure their good working condition and long operational life. The following are some general maintenance tips to keep in mind.
- Regular Cleaning: With continuous usage, contaminants and sediments can accumulate inside the filter housing and on the cartridges. This accumulation can decrease water flow and reduce filter efficiency and performance. It is possible to prevent this buildup by cleaning the filter and its essential components. Remove the component and rinse it under running water to remove accumulated contaminants. You can also use a soft brush to scrub off any stubborn particles.
- Visual Inspection: Periodic visual inspection of these filters helps identify any sign of wear, damage, or corrosion. Ensure that the gaskets, seals, and O-rings are in good condition and not deteriorating. If required, you can replace damaged parts.
- Sterilization: Sterilizing helps in preventing bacterial growth in the filter. This can be done using a diluted bleach solution. It is always a best practice to consult the manufacturer's instructions for the appropriate sterilization process, as it may vary based on the filter design.
- Replacement Parts: Regular usage for a long time warrants replacements. Seals, O-rings, gaskets, and so on are some commonly replaced components. Ensure to stock these parts, as they can deteriorate with use.
- Pressure Relief: If the filter system is under pressure, release the pressure before performing maintenance. This ensures safety and the proper functioning of the filter.
- Documentation: Keep track of maintenance tasks, including cleaning, media replacement, and sterilization. This helps you establish a maintenance schedule and track the filter's performance over time.
- Professional Maintenance: If you have any queries about the condition of your filter or for more complex maintenance tasks, it is best practice to seek help from a professional.
Applications of Stainless Steel Basket and Sock Filters
Here are the typical application areas of water filter baskets:
If you are part of any of these industrial sectors, and require premium quality stainless steel water sink strainers, either for water treatment or any other fluid-based application, we can be totally reliable partners. We at Cannon Water Technology, offer you the best water filtration solutions aside from our services. We have a resourceful team to help you clear any doubts you have regarding these stainless steel filters and also select the right model of water filter stainless steel baskets as well as sock filters based on your requirement and budget. In case of any further enquiries or requirement sharing, you can reach us via phone or email.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers on Stainless Steel Water Filters
Most of our clients ask these common questions regarding our stainless steel basket and sock filters. We tried to answer them.
- Do Basket Filters Remove Both Large and Fine Particles?
Yes, they can. Basket filters are designed with different perforation sizes, allowing them to capture different particles, from large debris to fine ones.
- Is it Possible to Reuse Basket Filters?
Basket filters are typically reusable. You can clean the essential filter element, replace it if necessary, and continue using it. This makes them a cost-effective choice for many commercial and industrial applications.
- Are Stainless Steel Water Filters Suitable for Corrosive or High-Temperature Fluids?
Stainless steel is robust and resistant to corrosion and high temperatures. Thus, these filters can be used for corrosive fluids and high-temperature applications.
- How Often Should I Clean or Replace the Basket in a Basket Filter?
The cleaning and replacing of the filter depend on various factors, such as the type of contaminants in the fluid, the filter's capacity, and more. Some filters may need maintenance weekly, while others can function for several months before requiring attention.
- Are There Automatic Cleaning Systems Available for Basket Filters?
Some water filters have automatic cleaning systems that periodically remove trapped particles from the basket. This system is highly beneficial where continuous filtration is essential.