Wood Fired Boiler Treatment
An outdoor heat boiler is a device that uses wood logs as fuel and is installed outside homes or even commercial setups. Although they are used outdoors, they warm up the indoor areas. These are about 10 feet in height and 5 feet in width. They come with a weather-resistant enclosure and comprise a firebox, heat exchanger, and a water jacket. This firebox is surrounded by water which absorbs the heat. This hot water is circulated through the insulated pipeline to a central heating load and distributed to all the heater-based devices indoors, such as in room heaters, laundry, bathrooms, and so on. The materials used in these boilers mostly comprise metals such as cast iron, steel, and others. The pipelines are also made of metals, while the water passing through it may contain several impurities. All these pipes and metal surfaces may undergo corrosion and rust if not maintained and cleaned periodically. Hence, rust-inhibiting solutions must be used to run through the boiler. At Cannon Water Technology, we offer a variety of rust-inhibiting and closed system outdoor wood boiler treatment solutions. Once run through the boiler and pipelines, they form a protective layer or film on the metal surfaces, which helps prevent rust and corrosion.
How Does a Wood Fired Boiler Water Treatment Solution Work?
These solutions keep the boilers and pipelines clean and increase their operational life. These are super concentrated chemical solutions which need to be diluted in water as per the information mentioned on the pack. Broadly speaking, one gallon of diluted solution cleans about 200 gallons of water in the wood boiler. So, the amount of chemical you add depends on the quantity of water inside. This is done upon installation and at least once in a year later. This is also done once the new water is filled and the earlier one drained out. This solution is absolutely safe and makes your water less corrosive, reduces conductivity, and controls the pH among many other factors.
Beneficial Features of Closed System Treatment Solutions Offered at Cannon Water
There are many benefits of our outdoor wood boiler treatment solutions, and when sourcing from us, you can be rest assured about the quality. Here are some of the benefits of our wood fire boiler treatment solutions.
- The very purpose of this treatment is protection of the boiler from scaling, rust, corrosion, and other impact of impure water flowing through it.
- They typically prevent oxidation or the oxygen in water from reacting with the metal surfaces.
- Our solutions are extremely concentrated and hence you can use them for a long time, which means one jar serves many treatment cycles.
- These chemicals have a long shelf life and last for about five years or more.
- Aside from water, they are compatible with ethylene glycol, anti-freeze chemicals, and so on.
- The Borax buffering in these chemicals helps achieve long-term pH stability.
- They can be used with other chemicals such as nitrites, phosphates, or phosphonates.
- As mentioned, these chemicals help balance factors such as pH, alkalinity, and so on.
- These are useful for most metals and alloys such as stainless steel, copper, bronze, iron, and so on, which may be the base materials for the boiler and pipes.
Here are some application areas of our wood fire boiler treatment solutions:
- Closed recirculation systems with heating and cooling loops
- Swimming pools & spas
- Packaged boiler water
- Pipelines, inlets and outlets of water in pumping systems
- Wood fire boilers
We package boiler water treatment solutions in various formulations and quantities as per the requirement. Our clients so far have found it effective and hence they keep coming back to us for this product. While we have our own products, we also source the same from reputed manufacturers who comply with EPA requirements when making these formulations. At Cannon Water Technology, we have these wood fired boiler treatment solutions stocked with us at almost all times, and hence we can assure immediate shipping or as required. In case you have any questions about our wood furnace water treatment solutions, you can reach us via phone or email.