Clean and safe water is a primary necessity of all living organisms. The quality of water has always been a concern for homeowners, industrial as well as commercial users across the world. This is because water, be it for drinking, domestic chores or industrial usage, may be contaminated with harmful chemicals, bacteria, excess amounts of minerals, and more. While it is a fact that our body needs a certain amount of minerals, we cannot digest heavy metals such as iron, manganese, and zinc in excess amounts. Also, heavy metals make the hard and unfit for usage.
A water hardness test kit is a tool used to measure the amount of dissolved minerals in drinking water. It can be used to determine if your tap or well water contains too much calcium, magnesium, and other metals that could affect its taste and quality.
This is why it is important to get the water tested before consumption or utilization. Employing professional water quality testing services for every single use is not a feasible option. Owing to advanced chemical technologies, it is possible to conduct a water quality test at home. Being a reliable manufacturer and distributor of water filtration systems and equipment, Cannon Water Technology, Inc. offers chemical water test kits to test the quality of water. In our selection, you will find water quality test kits from Cannon Water Technology, and other leading brands like Lovibond.
Types of Water Hardness Test Kits Offered by Cannon Water Technology, Inc.
The water quality test kits are chemically activated strips or drops used to check the contaminants in the water. These kits are user-friendly and convenient for both home and commercial use. Apart from this, they are economical too. For different types of applications, different types of water test kits are used. Cannon Water Technology, Inc., offer the following chemical water test kits for various types and purposes. By and large, they comprise the instrument or device for testing, test drops or strips, the required electric supplies or batteries, pipettes, glass containers with a lid, sealing equipment, and an instruction manual. These enclosures in a test kit differ slightly depending upon the application.
- Chloride Test Kits: This test kit is used to monitor chloride levels in cooling water towers. The kit features a chloride reagent and features a reagent dropper bottle with a calibrated tip to ensure consistent results every time.
- Peracetic Test Kits: These test kits are suited for testing peracetic acid concentrations in water.
- Chlorine Test Kits: The test kits are designed to test the residual free chlorine in the water. Our chlorine test kits are the most popular water test kits for well water quality testing. The kits are used for controlling iron, bacteria, hydrogen sulfide, and other species that may react with chlorine.
- Legionella Test Kits: These water test kits are developed for detecting biofilm and waterborne Legionella. This is also one of the popular water test kits for home.
- Sodium Nitrite Kits: The sodium nitrite test kits help monitor the closed-loop treatment program. It may not be your regular water test kit for hardness identification. Corrosion protection is the typical application of these water quality test kits. The sodium nitrite serves as an oxygen scavenger and helps protect the system from forming iron oxides or rust.
- P/T Alkalinity Test Kits: The test kits are designed to check the alkalinity of water systems.
- Calcium Hardness Test Kits: These water test kits for hardness indication feature total liquid hardness liquid indicator and come with reagents, instruction card, and equipment required to complete 60-75 tests.
Applications of Water Quality Test Kits Offered by Us
Our chemical test kits for water quality testing are widely used for testing the quality of water in:
- Drinking water systems and water treatment plants
- Food and beverage processing facilities
They enable better:
- Water sanitation
- Hydrogen sulfide control
- Water disinfection
- Well water chlorination control
- Iron control
Water hardness test kit is an essential tool for anyone looking to monitor their home's drinking water supply for potential contaminants like calcium and magnesium ions which can cause unpleasant tastes or odors in the finished product.
At Cannon Water Technology, Inc., we deliver quality and performance-driven products. This irrevocable commitment has enabled us to team up with trusted, reliable brands from the industry such as Lakos, Stenner, Myron L, Sensorex, and more. Over the years, we have specialized in designing and supplying several types of water testing kits, water filtration systems, pH meters, chemical pumps, and so on. If you have any queries about our water test kits, please feel free to contact us through e-mail or phone. Our team of experts will understand your concerns and come up with a reliable solution.
Here is a list of important water quality test kit questions people often ask us.
- When Can I Perform the Water Quality Test?
When you experience a difference in taste or odor in your water, irrespective of its sources, it is important to get a quality check done. Our water test kits allow you to test different parameters of water such as hardness, pH, metal composition, chemical composition, chlorine content, contamination pertaining to bacteria and other pathogens, and more. There are separate test kits for each application.
- What Does the Water Quality Test Kit Check?
Water test kits are used to check contaminants in water and the overall quality. It depends on the application. For instance, in domestic and water supply applications, it is important to check if the water is potable and fit to drink. In industries, tests may be performed to ensure it safe to be released into the environment or recycling. At Cannon Water, we provide precise and reliable test kits, ideal for both home and commercial use. Our water test kits can check the following:
o pH level
- How Long Does it Take to Get Test Results?
The test results are determined within 60 seconds to 1 minute of finalizing the water test. You can follow the required instructions mentioned in the manual to get precise results.
- Is a Water Test Kit Effective for Measuring Water Hardness?
Yes. Our test kits can effectively measure water hardness.
- Where Can I Use Water Hardness Test Kit?
Our test kits are designed for applications, such as drinking water systems, water sanitation, water disinfection, water treatment plants, iron control, food and beverage processing facilities, and many other application areas.
- How Do I Store Water Test Kits to Maintain Their Viability?
Water test kits should be stored in dry, cool, and closed vials at room temperature. Keeping these test kits away from moisture, heat, and humidity is important. Our chemically activated strips are effective for three to four months after they have been opened or till the expiry date if sealed properly. You can store them in the refrigerator when not in use.
- Can I Reuse Water Test Kits?
Our water quality test kits are designed for single use only. Thus, you can’t reuse them.
- Are these Water Test Kits Effective for Heavy Metals?
Yes. We offer water test kits that can measure heavy metals, such as iron, lead, mercury, aluminum, and copper.
- What Will Be the Expected Shipping Time Once an Order is Placed?
At Cannon Water Technology, we assure fast shipping across the US. Depending on the location, we provide same day shipping on the assured in-stock items.