When an electromagnetic field is formed around a metering tube which may be a part of a water treatment system, it produces voltage or potential difference in the liquid flowing through it. This voltage is proportional to the flow rate. So, based on the voltage, the volumetric flow rate is measured with the help of a magnetic flowmeter. This simple, handy device measures flowrate based on the principle of electromagnetic induction. So, the fluid must also be a good conductor of electricity. At Cannon Water Technology, we offer various types of magnetic flowmeters sourced from reputed manufacturers such as SeaMetrics. We offer magnetic flowmeters or mag meters which are designed to work in harsh environments and measure the flow rates of fluids with varied consistencies such as liquids, semi-solids, slurries, particulate fluids, and so on.
How Does a Magnetic Flowmeter Work?
These mag meters have a sensor and transmitter which sense and measure the flow rate. The sensor is placed inline within the pipe. The fluid that flows through the pipe produces a voltage, which is measured by the sensor. The transmitter measures the voltage produced by the sensor and converts this value into flow rate and transmits it to the connected control or integrated system. These digital devices have a screen where the values are displayed. They can be installed or mounted horizontally, vertically, or at specific angles. Whatever the mounting type, the electrode axis is always horizontal. The installation process slightly differs with the type of flowmeter.
Beneficial Features of Magnetic Flowmeters
Flow rate measurement using a flow meter is important in most industrial processes concerning fluid dynamics. This ensures the process runs smoothly and efficiently. These handy digital devices offered by Cannon Water have several beneficial features. Here are some of them:
- As mentioned, using a magnetic flowmeter offers accurate flow rate outputs which are essential to keep the process running efficiently.
- We offer specific models for applications where high accuracy is required. Usually these are inline flowmeters. There are specific mag meters for low flow applications. We also offer insertion flowmeters in applications with large pipes or tubes.
- Most models have no moving parts which reduces the possibility of wear. Hence, they are low on maintenance and do not generally require repairs.
- These flowmeters offer speedy outputs and have a lot of other functionalities such as measuring reverse flow rate, optimizing range setting, and so on.
- These robust devices can resist external parameters such as heat, temperature, pressure, electrical conductivity, and so on.
- They are used to measure flow rates of liquids with diverse consistencies.
pH meters are used across industries and segments where water treatment is required. Here are some application areas:
- Wastewater treatment
- Water filtration systems
- Food & beverages
- Pulp & paper
If you require a good quality magnetic flowmeter or a multi-functional device to measure the flow rate of the fluid in your industrial application, you can totally rely on us. This is because we are focused on offering quality products and ensure they are tested before shipping. Also, we source them from reputed manufacturers. At Cannon Water Technology, our extremely efficient team is always there to assist you and answer all the questions you may have regarding the flowmeters we offer. We can help you select the right type and capacity of the flowmeter after knowing your application requirements. In case of any further enquiries or want to share your requirements, you can reach us via phone or email.