Carlon$836.00 - $946.00
Walchem$1,128.00 - $1,165.00
Walchem$864.00 - $901.00
Walchem$470.00 - $507.00
Walchem$322.00 - $1,165.00
Walchem$359.00 - $1,202.00
Walchem$272.00 - $1,115.00
Walchem$359.00 - $396.00
Walchem$322.00 - $359.00
Walchem$272.00 - $309.00
SeaMetrics$410.00 - $949.00
Types of Water Flow Meters We Offer
While we manufacture most of the products we sell, we also source these flow meters from reputed and reliable manufacturers such as Carlon, Walchem, Stenner, SeaMetrics, Advantage Controls, and so on. Here are some types of water flow meters available with us.
· Mechanical flow meters: These meters have either paddlewheel or rotating turbines. Most of our mechanical flow meters are suitable for hot as well as cold water and can handle impure water as well. These meters have a ring of jets where the impeller sits. They have inlet and outlet jets with a gear train and require no power for operation.
· Electromagnetic flow meters: These meters have a Reed switch which is an electromechanical switch used by the applied electromagnetic field. They use the multi-jet principle and we offer these meters in various NPT pipe sizes. Electromagnetic flow meters may have sensors depending on the model.
· Ultrasound flow meters: These meters use ultrasound waves to measure volume or flow rate of the fluid. These are non-contact meters.
· Remote water meters: These meters can remotely collect and store data in their non-volatile memory. They are incorporated with technology such as a microprocessor-based monitor that displays either specified or total accumulated flow volume.
· Real-time meters: These meters offer real-time display of flow rate and totalized volume of water. They have a non-volatile memory where all the data is stored. These meters do not require a battery.
Working Principle of Water Flow Meters
Water flow meters play a vital role in several processing operations. These mechanical devices measure the water flow within a closed system, such as pipelines and pumping systems in industrial units, and show reports on a display screen. Today, there are different water flow meter technologies based on different parameters, such as water volume usage, operating environment, budget, and so on. Each type has a different operating principle, application benefits, and overall cost-of-ownership. However, by and large, the working principle of mechanical water flow meters is based on the equation between the speed of the turbine and the water flow rate. As the water starts flowing through the pipe, the turbine blades start rotating. This rotational speed is directly proportional to the water flow rate. Likewise, there are magnetic or digital water flow meters that work on the principle of electromagnetic induction. Also, there are ultrasonic flow meters that use ultrasound waves to measure the flow.
How to Identify Issues in Water Flow Meters?
Identifying issues regarding water flow meters involves monitoring their performance and observing deviations from expected values. Here are some crucial steps that help you identify and fix any issues in a water flow water.
- Baseline Measurements: Establishing a baseline for regular flow rates and values under typical operating conditions is essential. This serves as a reference point to identify deviations. Next, monitor the flow rates and compare them with the established baseline. Sudden increases or drops in flow rates indicate a possible problem.
- Regular Calibration: Refer to the manufacturer’s recommendations and instruction manual to ensure the flow meter is calibrated as required to maintain accurate measurements. This not only offers accurate output but also extends the operational life of the flow meter and helps identify any changes over time.
- Visual Inspection: You should inspect the flow meter for any visible signs of wear, damage, or corrosion. This could include leaks, cracks, or physical abnormalities, noise or sound when functioning, friction, obstructed flow, and so on.
- Data Logging: Using data logging and recording systems, you can track the water flow meter’s measurement data for previous few hours or days. This helps identify sudden changes which may lead to further issues.
- Pressure and Temperature Monitoring: Pressure and temperature are vital parameters and must be in the required range. If these fluctuate or go out of range, there may be issue in the water meter. Monitoring these parameters is important as a slight change can affect flow meter accuracy.
- Sensor Health Checks: Most flow meters have built-in diagnostics to monitor the health of the sensors. Check the manufacturer's documentation for guidance on how to interpret these diagnostics.
- Flow Profile Analysis: Analyze the fluid flow profile through the meter. Irregularities in the profile such as turbulence or inconsistent flow could indicate a problem.
- Testing under Known Conditions: Test the flow meter under controlled conditions where the flow rate is known accurately. Compare the measured value with the expected value to verify accuracy.
- Periodic Maintenance: Following the maintenance schedule recommended by the manufacturer is essential. This may encompass cleaning, replacing worn parts, and verifying the overall health of the flow meter.
- Historical Data Analysis: Historical data is crucial in identifying patterns or recurring issues. This can help you address chronic problems that might not be immediately obvious.
- Consult Manufacturer Guidelines: Always refer to the manufacturer's documentation for troubleshooting guidelines specific to your flow meter model. They may provide insights into common issues and their solutions.
Factor Considerations When Choosing Industrial Water Flow Meters
Water flow meters are mechanical devices that measure and display the water flow rate. Choosing these mechanical water flow meters for applications seems easy; however, it involves considering several important factors to ensure precise and reliable measurements. Here are some key factors to consider when choosing mechanical flow meters.
- Flow Rate Range and Accuracy: This is the most important consideration when choosing water flow meters. Considering application requirements, determine the range of flow rates. Some water flow meters are designed for low flow rates, while others excel at measuring high flow rates. Choosing the right range based on your application offers accurate output.
- Fluid Compatibility: Consider the type of fluid that is being measured. Different flow meters handle different fluids in terms of their physical and chemical properties, density, viscosity, conductivity, corrosiveness, and so on.
- Pipe Size and Installation: Today, flow meters are available in varied specifications to accommodate different pipe diameters. Ensure the selected meter fits the size of your pipe and is easy to install in your existing infrastructure.
- Flow Profile: It is essential to account for the fluid flow profile in your system. Some flow meters handle uniform, steady flows, while others are designed for turbulent or non-uniform flows.
- Pressure and Temperature: The operating temperature and fluid pressure are important considerations. Choose a flow meter that can handle these requirements in your application without compromising accuracy, safety, or performance.
- Environmental Conditions: The environmental conditions where the flow meter will be installed should be considered. If it's outdoors or in a harsh environment, choose a rugged and weather-resistant meter.
- Cost: Balance the flow meter's cost with its features and capabilities. This is because cheaper options lack certain functionalities, while more expensive ones offer advanced features you don't necessarily need.
Selecting adequate water flow meters involves balancing these factors based on your application requirements and budget. It is always a good practice to consult an expert in the same segment to ensure an informed decision.
Beneficial Features of Our Water Flow Meters
Water flow meters available at Cannon Water Technology are well-known for their rugged construction, making them ideal for many challenging environments. Our water flow meters have indicators which make them easy to use and maintain. Here are some more beneficial features of our water flow indicators.
- We offer a variety of water flow meters- both mechanical and digital. While all our water flow meters accurately measure the water level and flow, they also help control the velocity and speed of the fluid inside.
- They can withstand harsh industrial environments, electrical conductivity, and high temperatures and pressures as they have a rugged design.
- One can preset the pressure and temperature ranges and change them later if required.
- Our water flow meters have minimal or no moving parts, depending on the type you choose. This means they are long-lasting and low maintenance.
- They can withstand cryogenic environments, which means they can measure the flow of extremely cold water as well.
- Our mechanical flow meters are simple yet offers an accurate output. They have a rotating turbine with blades which do not require auxiliary power.
Why Choose Us for Water Flow Meters Requirements
Cannon Water Technology has become one of the leading choices for water and wastewater treatment and solutions. Our years of industry experience and expertise have been helpful and contributed to our success. There are countless benefits of sourcing water flow meters from us. Here are some important ones.
- We have collaborated with the top brands in the industry to offer superior quality water flow meters. Also, we manufacture our own products.
- We offer these flow meters in custom specifications depending on the application requirements.
- We assure you of guaranteed quick deliveries across the USA. Also, we offer same-day shipping on some in-stock products, based on the location.
- Our flow meters possess simple designs, contributing to a quick and easy installation process.
- Along with the water flow meters, we offer required accessories depending on the requirements.
Applications of Water Flow Meters
Depending on the application requirement, water flow meters differ in terms of utility and design. These meters are known for serving the same purpose with slight differences across applications. We have been offering high-quality and performance-driven water flow meters for the following industries:
- Pulp and paper
- Oil and gas
- Metals and mining
- Food and beverage
- Metals and mining
- Water and wastewater
Over the years, we have been at the forefront of water and wastewater solutions. We understand how specific parameters in the process industries are highly dependent on the flow of water or a given fluid. If the flow discrepancies are not identified and fixed at the right time, it may lead to safety issues for our clients. This is why we always emphasize on delivering superior products and accessories. Our highly skilled and experienced employees assist clients from the stage of enquiry to helping them to install the flow meter correctly. They will also help you if you have any pricing-related or technical queries. Contact us today to discuss your water flow meter requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions About Water Flow Meters
Our clients often ask a few questions regarding water flow meters. Here, we have answered some of them.
- What Types of Water Flow Meters Are Available with You?
Different types of water flow gauges are available today. This includes electromagnetic, ultrasonic, positive displacement, vortex, turbine, and differential pressure flow meters. Each type has its own strengths, working principle, limitations, and is suitable for different applications.
- Can Water Flow Meters Be Used for Both Clean and Dirty Water?
Yes, some flow meters are designed for clean as well as dirty water applications. For instance, electromagnetic and ultrasonic flow meters can handle various types of waters as long as they are appropriately sized and calibrated.
- How Accurate Are Water Flow Meters?
The accuracy of the water flow meters depends on their type and quality. High-quality flow meters can achieve accuracies of around ±0.5% to ±1% of the actual flow rate.
- Do Water Flow Meters Require Regular Calibration?
Yes, water flow meters should be calibrated regularly to get precise measurements. Calibration frequency depends on several factors such as the meter type, manufacturer recommendations, and the application's criticality.
- Can Water Flow Meters Be Installed Vertically or Horizontally?
Water flow meters can be installed in both vertical and horizontal orientations. However, following the manufacturer's installation guidelines is advisable to ensure accurate readings.
- How Can I Maintain and Troubleshoot Water Flow Meters?
Regular maintenance, including cleaning, calibration, and inspection, is essential that the water flow meters function accurately. If you encounter erratic readings or leaks, refer to the manufacturer's troubleshooting guide or take professional assistance.
- Do Flow Meters Require a Power Source?
Some water flow meters require power, while others can operate passively.
- Can Flow Meters Be Integrated with Control Systems?
Yes, many flow meters offer output options compatible with various control and data collection systems.
- What is the Lifespan of a Flow Meter?
The lifespan of water flow meters varies based on quality, usage, and maintenance.
Most industrial applications require water for intermittent dosing or transferring it to a particular pipe, drum, or any other destination. Here, maintaining the flow rate, dosing proportion and so on is extremely crucial. Hence, water usage meters are installed to do the job. Water flow meters, popularly called water flow indicators, are integral to several processing units across industries. They are mechanical devices that measure and display the flow of water in the application.
Being one of the reliable, trustworthy manufacturers and suppliers of water treatment systems and equipment, Cannon Water Technology offers high-quality water flow meters to measure the water volume per unit of time. Our water flow meters are proven to assure the highest level of reliability and accuracy. We offer these mechanical as well as digital water flow meters at the most competitive prices. In addition, we guarantee quick deliveries on all our inventories.