Water is a good conductor of electricity and depending on its composition, it will allow specific amounts of current to pass through it. Measuring this conductivity is a crucial aspect just like temperature, pH, and so on. This is done with the help of conductivity controllers. Wastewater and effluent treatment as well as purification is a crucial sector where water conductivity needs to be measured. Usually, the conductivity of wastewater is low as it has many mixed solids, chemical compounds, oil, phenolic substances, and so on which reduce conductivity. It is also influenced by environmental parameters such as temperature.
At Cannon Water Technology, we offer conductivity controllers for boilers, cooling towers, and more, in various configurations. While we have our own brand of conductivity controllers and accessories, we also source some models from reputed manufacturers such as Lakewood Instruments, HM Digital, and more. We also offer Walchem conductivity controllers which are electrodeless. We also offer essential accessories such as cables, sensors, ball valves, and more.
How Do Conductivity Controllers Work?
As mentioned, conductivity controllers measure the capacity of water to allow the passage of electric current. This level of conductivity varies with the water composition and environmental parameters. These controllers have a sensor probe and a meter with a display. The probe has two electrodes through which voltage is applied on both sides of the probe. Any change in the voltage caused by the resistance to the current flowing through the water serves as the base for measuring conductivity. Likewise, they can be used to measure other parameters by changing the program.
Beneficial Features of Conductivity Controllers
We offer electronic conductivity controllers which have a microprocessor based controller system. These controllers have various timer functions, set time, relay, and all of this can be operated with just a few keys. They have an LCD display and LED lights for visual alerts and indications of operational statuses and so on. Here are some more beneficial features of these controllers.
- As mentioned, these controllers are easy to operate, and can be easily programmed depending on the type and area of water.
- Their sensors are powerful and yet low on maintenance. Even if you need any replacement, they are available with us for immediate shipping.
- Most controller models in our inventory also display salinity, total dissolved solids (TDS) in %, and so on apart from conductivity.
- The sensors are designed to be resistant to moisture, corrosion, oils, coatings, contaminants, and environmental parameters.
- The control range for most controllers is in between 0-20,000 uS, while temperatures are displayed in Celsius or Fahrenheit depending on the option you choose in the settings.
- The backlit LCD displays are comfortable to read.
- Most of our conductivity controllers are UL, CL, and CE certified.
- They come with a chemical and dual pump output, wherein the pumps can be controlled in either external trigger or On/Off modes.
Applications of Conductivity Controllers
Here are the typical application areas of conductivity controllers:
- Wastewater treatment
- Cooling towers
- Effluent treatment in industrial units
- Oil & gas
- Aquatic life research
If you are associated with any of these industrial sectors, and require a good quality conductivity controller or a multi-functional device for testing water samples, be assured of the best possible solution from our end. We ensure the application requirements and quality parameters are met. At Cannon Water Technology, we help you select the right model of conductivity controller based on your requirements, and can answer all the questions you may have regarding the same. In case of any further enquiries or requirement sharing, you can reach us via phone or email.