The water treatment process encompasses many stages, and one of them is pH measurement. It is crucial to know if the water is acidic, basic, or neutral, which means the type of chemical and mineral compounds present in it. Salt and hydroxide compounds (OH-) are alkaline, while phenolic compounds (H+) are acidic, some of which may be present in the water sample in specific quantities. This decides the hydrogen ion concentration in water or pH which ranges from values 0-14. Values from 0 to 6 indicate acidic water, 8-14 indicate alkalinity, while 7 indicates a neutral pH. Ideally, water which is used for domestic use and drinking must have a neutral pH. This can be determined with the help of a pH meter. At Cannon Water Technology, we offer various types of digital pH meters from reputed manufacturers such as Myron L and more. We also offer all-in-one devices that determine several such parameters such as pH, hardness, ORP, conductivity, temperature, resistivity, and so on.
How Does a pH Meter Work?
pH meters are simple and handy digital devices which measure the hydrogen ion concentration in water sample with the help of a measuring probe connected to a digital meter. The devices come with a display screen. One can easily calibrate this meter to comparative values of known buffer solutions, usually with pH values 4 and 7. This also depends on your application requirement. The measuring probe is usually a glass electrode or an ion-selective transistor. The electrode is sealed at the end with a bulb-like structure. You need to take the water sample in a glass jar and immerse the electrode in it. The electrode has an internal and external tubes, wherein the internal tube has calibrated values, while the external tube is made of pH sensitive glass. The electrodes here produce a very minor voltage and the difference in values is noted. Thus change in the potential difference is measured and compared with the reference values which are pre-calibrated.
Beneficial Features of pH Meters
It is crucial that water for daily consumption, drinking, swimming, and so on must have a neutral pH. These handy devices offered by Cannon Water offer a number of benefits. Here are some of them:
- As mentioned, these can be pre-calibrated and hence are easy to use and accurate. They can be operated with simple push buttons, and the output can be viewed on the display screen.
- While most models have multiple functionalities, a regular pH meter comes with a high power battery and an electrode conductivity cell.
- You can calibrate them through the keypad. Many models involve one-touch measurement.
- These power-efficient devices comprise a microprocessor-based surface-mount circuitry and a pH glass sensor which can be easily replaced.
- Most models have a wide operating temperature range from 0 to around 80 degrees Celsius and beyond.
- We also offer pH buffer solutions with various values if you require for calibration.
pH meters are used across industries and segments where water treatment is required. Here are some application areas:
- Wastewater treatment by government water supply departments
- Food & beverages
- Swimming pools & spas
- Industrial wastewater purification
- Water filtration and treatment for consumption
If you require a good quality pH meter or a multi-functional device for water testing process in your application, we have you covered. There are no issues about the quality and functionality when you source it from us. At Cannon Water Technology, our extremely skilled and experienced team is always there to assist you and answer all your questions regarding pH meters. We can help you select the right device once you share your application requirements with us. In case of any further enquiries or requirement sharing, you can reach us via phone or email.