Access to clean water is a basic necessity, whether it is for drinking, domestic use, swimming pools, or any other reason. While there are filtration and purification units set at government and private levels to filter the contaminants in water. However, for effective filtration can be done only if its oxidation reduction potential (ORP) is known. This ORP can be checked using ORP meters. Cannon Water provides some of the best ORP meters of known brands such as Myron L, HM Digital, and so on. These ORP meters are used for water testing in commercial, residential, and industrial applications. These are handy devices, easy to carry anywhere you go. Browse our collection to see the best ORP measurement device for your needs.
Types of ORP Meters Offered by Cannon Water
Oxidation and reduction properties of water help highlight its level of contamination, pH, effectiveness of purifying agents, and other sanitation factors. Ideally, water must be an oxidizing agent as it will seek to get a number of electrons from the purifier substance, such as chlorine, mixed in it. An oxidizing agent would get a positive reading on an ORP meter. On the other hand, if it tests negative for water, one may have to change the water treatment plan. Here are the types of ORP meters for drinking water and other purposes we offer:
- Waterproof ORP Meter: This compact and extremely lightweight ORP meter weighs just 0.50 pounds. This ORP analyzer offers oxidation and reduction level and temperature readings. It is factory-calibrated up to +200 mV and can be recalibrated.
- ORP pH Meter: This extremely compact palm sized meter offers an amazing level of accuracy for pH and ORP readings. Aside from these two factors, it shows the temperature and date over a good digital display.
- ORP Ultrameter for Pool: This ORP water quality pocket meter is ideal for testing the water in swimming pools and spas. It is designed to check water balance, disinfectant residue, chlorine, salinity, TDS, and so on.
- ORP PS9-BD Ultrameter: This digital all-in-one meter is calibrated to offer various readings such as pH, hardness of water, mineral content, alkalinity, ORP for chlorine, salinity, and so on. This handy instrument weighs around 200 pounds.
Most ORP meters displayed here are offered with accessories such as pH buffer solutions, wires, batteries, and so on. We also offer ORP meter kits with all these accessories which come in a protective carry case.
Key Features of ORP Meter for Water Measurement Offered by Cannon Water Technology
A few of the notable features of our range of ORP meter for water include;
- Our range of ORP water quality meters are specifically manufactured for long-term use and are built to withstand challenging conditions.
- These ORP analyzer meters come with a large, easy-to-read LCD screen that displays all the measurements in real-time.
- The ORP measurement meters’ data-logging function allows you to store several measurements.
- These meters are small and lightweight, making them easy to transport.
- They are light weight and waterproof (housing is IP-67 rated)- perfect for testing the quality of water in any environment.
- These meters are equipped with a replaceable ORP electrode, which is ideal for environmental and industrial applications involving monitoring water quality.
- They provide simultaneous temperature readings, allowing instantaneous results for more accurate monitoring.
- The meters are designed with auto-off function, data-hold function and low-battery indicator.
ORP Meter Applications
Aside from water purification, our ORP meters find applications in various other industries. Here are some of them:
- Food processing
- Ozone system monitoring
- Swimming pools and spas
- Cooling towers
- Environmental testing
- Pulp & paper
FAQ’s on ORP Testers
Here are some frequently asked questions about ORP testers, along with their answers.
1. Why is ORP important?
ORP (Oxidation-Reduction Potential) is essential for testing the quality of water because it allows determine the sanitation and contamination of water in a given sample is. This important parameter is determined by measuring the oxidation and reduction properties in a given sample.
2. How do I use an ORP tester?
ORP reading can be tested accurately using an ORP Probe, which consists of two electrodes - an ORP Electrode and a Reference Electrode. To use the probe, simply dip it into the solution you wish to test and the ORP reading will display on the tester's panel. With this device, measuring ORP levels is effortless.
3. How often should I calibrate my ORP meter?
ORP meter calibration is essential for precise readings. To ensure reliable measurements, you should aim to calibrate your ORP meter at least once a month. Depending on how frequently you use your ORP meter, it may be necessary to perform calibration more often than that.
4. If an ORP reading is drifting, do you doubt the capability of the meter?
If an ORP reading is drifting, it could be due to a variety of factors, including the sensor, the solution being measured, or the instrument itself. Further troubleshooting may be necessary to determine the cause.
5. What factors can impact ORP readings?
Factors that can impact ORP readings include pH level, temperature, and the presence of other dissolved species in the water.
6. How should I maintain ORP water quality tester?
The following are the tips to maintain ORP tester.
- Keep the tester clean. Wipe it down with a soft, clean cloth after each use.
- Store the tester in a cool, dry place.
- If the tester is not being used for an extended period of time, remove the batteries.
- Make sure to cover it with a clean, dry cloth if the unit is not in use. This will protect the sensor from dust and debris.
If you are looking for the best ORP meter for your industrial or domestic application, you can go through the types we offer and let us know in case of any doubts. We have an excellent team who can resolve all your questions regarding our products. We can assist you in selecting the right ORP meter for your application. In case of any pricing-related, technical, or specific questions you may have, you can reach us on phone or email.