A hydraulic metering pump discharges various harsh acids, corrosive chemicals, and so on at a given speed. The doses of discharged fluids are repetitive, and this pump offers a high level of accuracy for this repetitive task, which is nowadays mostly automated. At Cannon Water Technology, we offer a wide range of hydraulic pumps from industry-leading brands.
Types of Hydraulic Operated Metering Pumps Offered by Cannon Water
Here are two main types of hydraulic positive displacement pumps we offer.
- Diaphragm pumps: This pump has the inner check and flapper valves which are important when discharging fluids. They offer a steady and seamless fluid transfer at high pressures.
- Motor driven metering pumps: These pumps offer accurate dosing under high pressures. These cycles can be repeated on a continual basis. Even with the most viscous fluids, these pumps can discharge several hundreds of gallons of fluids at decent speeds.
What is a Hydraulic Diaphragm Pump?
This pump works on the principle of positive displacement and is used to transfer various oils, chemicals, and so on from source to destination. Here, mechanical energy is converted into hydraulic or hydrostatic energy. These pumps have three heads- static, dry suction, and continuous duty discharge. They have a built-in safety mechanism in place which inhibits the inside fluid from exposure to the outside environment. Hence, there is no need for relief valves, and the pump is designed to withstand huge pressure without undergoing any wear. The hydraulic energy offers momentum to the flow of the fluid or gas, which helps withstand the pressure created at the outlet. This can be efficiently used in harsh and hazardous environments such as chemicals, petrochemicals, oil & gas, and so on. These pumps are highly accurate and do not allow for too many changes in discharge volume, regardless of pressure fluctuations.
Working Principle of Our Hydraulic Diaphragm Pump
As mentioned, these hydraulic operated metering pumps work on the positive displacement principle. Here the volume unit is liters or gallons per minute. The cycles are measured as rpm or revolutions per minute. Our pumps undergo around 60 to 80 rpm cycles. When installing this pump, it is crucial to ensure that it is easy to perform testing and maintenance as well as repair activities whenever scheduled. The opening of the pump must be accessible. These hydraulic actuated metering pumps are capable of transferring and discharging viscous fluids as well as semi-solids. The speed must be adjusted according to the fluid consistency. Here are some steps which mention the working of this pump.
- There is an eccentric disc inside the enclosure which is driven by the motor and ear reducer drive.
- This enclosure helps adjust the diaphragm levels to high or low. Raising this level creates a vacuum.
- The atmospheric pressure pushes the gas or liquid through the inlet plumbing and the vacuum is filed by the fluid or air which gushes in.
- When the diaphragm level is lowered, the air or fluid gets compressed, thus closing the valve.
- Once the inlet valve is closed, the fluid or gas is forced out and discharged.
Cannon Water Technology offers various types and brands of hydraulic metering pumps, which can be customized to suit your requirements. Since we are totally focused on quality and accuracy, we have implemented strict testing and inspection processes to check our products. Some of these pumps are manufactured by us, while others are of various third party brands. However, you can be rest assured about the quality. Our sound technical and sales teams can answer all your questions regarding these hydraulic metering pumps, and offer technical and other related assistance in choosing the right product for your application. In case you need to make an enquiry or have any further questions, you can reach us on phone or email.