UV Light Disinfection Systems
Microbial contamination in water is one of the concerns for people across the world. Water sourced from rivers, wells, rainwater tanks, streams, and bores may contain microorganisms and contaminants. These contaminants can be easily removed from water through filtration and other methods, whereas disinfecting microbes requires a different approach. At Cannon Water Technology, we offer UV light disinfection systems, which produce UV light of a certain wavelength to disinfect viruses, bacteria, molds, and microbes. Sterilight Silver Series Ultraviolet (UV) Sterilizers and Trojan UVMAX Light Commercial Series are two popular types of UV disinfection water treatment systems provided by us.
Sub Categories of UV Light Disinfection Systems
What is UV Disinfection System?
As the name suggests, the UV disinfection system uses UV light to disinfect microbes present in water. These systems produce UV light of wavelength 253.7 nanometers. The UV light disrupts the DNA structure of microbes and algae, thereby inhibiting their food intake and killing them permanently.
How Does a UV Disinfection System Works?
A UV disinfection system features high mercury discharge lamps, which produce UV light of 253.7 nanometers to kill microbes. The disinfection system is usually connected to your water source. The water enters into the UV water filter, where the microbes are killed and purified water is allowed to enter your home through the pipe.
Features of UV Light Disinfection Systems Offered by Cannon Water
Our ultraviolet disinfection systems have been successfully installed in millions of homes worldwide. The following features of our water treatment systems have been widely appreciated by clients.
- The Sterilight Silver Series are used for point-of-use water treatment systems to kill viruses, cryptosporidium, and various types of bacteria, including e.coli and coliform and a host of microbial contaminants.
- These systems feature low-pressure germicidal UV lamps, which can be easily changed whenever required.
- The systems are offered in different gallon capacities ranging from 1 to 15 gallons.
- Our UV light disinfection systems are maintenance-free and proven to serve effectively.
Benefits of UV Disinfection Water Treatment
UV water filters displayed on this page are one of the popular water treatment systems. These systems have gained popularity due to their effectiveness and high utility value. The following features of our UV systems are widely appreciated.
- Effectiveness: UV light produced by these systems are quite strong and known to destroy 99.9% of viruses and bacteria in water.
- Chemical Free: Unlike several other water disinfection systems, the ultraviolet disinfection systems use no chemicals, meaning no harmful byproducts produced.
- Taste and Odor Free: UV light used for disinfecting microbes is not known to alter the taste or odor of water. So, unlike chlorine or other chemical systems, you can be assured of clean tasting water produced by these systems.
- Cost-Effective: UV water filters feature UV lamps and sleeves, which require only annual maintenance. This makes these systems cost-effective.
- Quick Disinfection: Many water disinfection systems require large preparation times. They must be stored in tanks and treated with chemicals before passing through the disinfection equipment. However, UV disinfection systems require no special treatment. The water can be directly made to pass through the system.
- Low Energy Use: The UV system has low energy needs.
- No Cleaning Required: Many filtration and microbe disinfection systems use chemicals and require thorough cleaning after the use. However, UV water disinfection systems require no cleaning because it does not filter contaminants, rather, it only removes microbes that are generally visible to human eyes.
- Less Contact Time Required: Compared with chlorination and ozonation systems, the UV disinfection water treatment systems require less contact time. The contact time is
Applications of UV Disinfection System
UV disinfection systems are used in the following applications:
- Food and beverage: The UV disinfection system allows users to achieve high-quality water as per the FDA specifications.
- Cosmetics: Purified water is used in many cosmetics products. UV sterilization helps maintain the quality of water and improve the shelf life of many products.
- Bio Pharmaceuticals: The healthcare and pharmaceutical industry is one of the highly regularized in the world. It utilizes purified water as an ingredient and for Cleaning in Place (CIP). UV disinfection systems help produce purified water that is free of microbes.
- Centralized Drinking Water: A UV drinking water disinfection system can be installed at homes or offices to ensure each tap offers you clean and pure drinking water.
We believe that access to pure drinking water is necessary for everyone, irrespective of their demographics. This understanding, coupled with our commitment to helping maximum people access pure and clean water for daily needs, has made us a one-stop solution for all your water treatment needs. UV water filters are one of the most popular water treatment systems available in our inventory, and they are often used individually or in combination with other water treatment systems offered on this website to achieve a satisfying solution. You can get in touch with us today to know more about these UV filters for water treatment. Our team will be happy to answer your queries and help you with the right selection.