There are no products listed under this category.
The pharmaceutical industry is one of the most stringent and highly regulated industries. Each component, process, and product is carefully monitored to maintain the highest purity standards. Purified and high-quality water is an important requirement in pharmaceutical industries, which use water as an ingredient, or a process catalyst. Pharmaceutical companies also rely on purified water for achieving their environmental goals and cost-saving. At Cannon Water Technology, Inc., we provide a comprehensive range of water treatment solutions for the pharmaceutical industry. We provide customized solutions to meet your application requirements. Our collection features our own solutions as well as solutions from various industry-leading brands such as Lakos, Watts, Twist II, and so on.
Types of Water Treatment Solutions for the Pharmaceutical Industry Offered by Cannon Water
The following are some popular water treatment solutions offered by Cannon Water Technology Solutions. These solutions can be used individually or in combination for effective results.
- Reverse Osmosis: This is a popular water treatment technique where water laden with impurities is made to pass through a membrane and a filter. Generally, a semi-permeable membrane is used for the purpose, and along with the filter, it helps remove up to 99% of impurities comprising toxic substances, bacteria, and other contaminants. Reverse osmosis is used for water treatment as well as wastewater treatment in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Inline Sand Filters: These inline sand filters are widely used for water treatment in the pharmaceutical manufacturing sector. Usually, the water delivered to these facilities through water supply lines is infiltrated with sediments, sand, and soil particles. These particles and sediments may enter the water supply systems and clog them, thereby reducing their availability for various manufacturing processes. Also, impure water is not suitable for most manufacturing processes. This is where inline sand filters can be used. They filter organic materials, sand and dust particles from these water systems and reduce the chances of a leak.
- Cartridge Filters: We provide carbon cartridge filters, which are used to remove contaminants, chemicals, and unwanted particles from liquids. Our collection features carbon cartridge filters, which have been successfully used all these years to remove common impurities such as dirt, sediment, limescale, silt, sand, and other impurities from water.
- Ultrafiltration: Many pharmaceutical processes demand highly purified water. Ultrafiltration is performed to remove minute impurities from water. We provide activated carbon and activated charcoal filters for this purpose.
- Wastewater Treatment Solutions: In the pharmaceutical industry, different types of waste is produced during different medicine manufacturing processes. At times, pharmaceutical wastes get mixed with other waste accelerating the degradation of equipment or causing environmental harm. To avoid these, we provide different proven chemicals, which help in removing pharmaceuticals from wastewater. The following are popular solutions available with us:
- Emulsion Breakers: Many pharmaceutical formulations produce oil particles, which form a layer on wastewater and cause flocculation of fine particles. Our selection features emulsion breakers, which are used to separate the oil layer from fine particles. Generally, emulsion breakers are added to the water to weaken the layer of oil.
- Corrosion Inhibitors: These are chemicals added to the wastewater when it is sent for secondary recycling. Mineral salts are produced as byproducts of many pharmaceutical manufacturing processes, and they can accelerate the rusting and disintegration of the equipment. To avoid this, we provide corrosion inhibitors, which are generally used for post-wastewater treatment.
- Centrifugal Separators: Our collection features centrifugal separators, which are used for separating sludge as well as bulky components from wastewater released as byproducts of different processes.
Applications of Our Solutions in the Pharmaceutical Industry
We provide an innovative range of water treatment solutions for the pharmaceutical industry. Our solutions are used for diverse processes including:
- Filtration of solvents during the production of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API).
- Sterile filtration of final products
- Formulation and preparation of final products
- Pre-filtration of undissolved powders, solid impurities, and particles, which are important for the final product quality and helps prevent the equipment downstream
- Biopharmaceutical production processes such as bioreactor support, buffer and media preparation, cell culture harvesting, and media support.
Being at the forefront of water and wastewater treatment solutions, we have spent several years understanding various water treatment requirements and their associated challenges, across industries. Our team has the necessary expertise to help you choose the solutions that help improve the quality of water, process efficiency, uptime of devices, and reduced carbon footprint. Please get in touch with us for more information on solutions for water treatment in the pharma industry. All water treatment solutions displayed here are available for immediate shipping. Our experts will assist you with the right selection.