Healthy kidneys are credited with producing urine in our bodies. When their functioning goes below 10%, they are no longer able to produce urine. In this case, patients undergo a renal replacement therapy known as hemodialysis, which helps filter blood waste and toxins, remove extra fluid, as well as strike a balance between electrolytes in the body.
A dialyzer machine is used during the treatment of hemodialysis along with dialysate. Dialysate is a dialysis fluid made of pure water, as well as salts like sodium and bicarbonate and electrolytes. This dialysis solution pulls toxins from the blood and is often flushed down the drain after the treatment. The purity of dialysate is tested using a special type of device called a dialysate meter.
At Cannon Water, we provide dialysate meters by Myron L. These meters have been widely used by hemodialysis professionals for over 40 years. They are compact-sized and designed to measure the electrical conductivity of dialysate solutions. Their results help dialysis professionals analyze the purity, performance, and accuracy of dialysate concentrate.
Benefits of Dialysate Meters Offered by Us
Our selection features single and dual-range dialysate meters. They feature a cup, which can be used to measure the purity of dialysate solutions. Users only have to fill the cup with dialysate and press the button to know its purity. The following features of these devices have contributed to their popularity.
- We provide model D-1, D-2, D-4, and D-6 Dialysate meters.
- Model D-1 possesses an expanded scale of 11-15 milliohms and is usually used for testing the purity of final dialysate. There is a green-colored band above the meter, where the user can check for visual confirmation of the purity.
- Model D-2 features dual scales, thus, the name. It can be used to test both bicarbonate and acetate dialysate. Users can set a scale of 0-10 millimhos and 0-20 millimhos.
- Both these models are powered by 9V batteries, which are proven to last for 2000 test cycles.
- Digital Dialysate Models D-4 and D-6 allow setting the scale in 5 auto ranges.
- All these dialysate meters require low maintenance. They possess an easy, user-friendly interface and can easily replace 7 different instruments.
- You can take advantage of live technical support with little or no wait times.
Applications of Dialysate Meters
Various models of our digital dialysate meters are used for the following applications:
- Dialysate Preparation
- Dialysate Quality Assurance
- Water Treatment for Hemodialysis
- System/Equipment Disinfection
Frequently Asked Questions About Dialysate Meters
Here are some frequently asked questions regarding dialysate meters answered by our experts:
1. What does a dialysate meter measure?
A dialysate meter is used to measure the acetate or bicarbonate solution for hemodialysis treatment.
2. What is the pH level of the dialysate solution?
The pH level of the dialysate solution ranges between 5.3 to 8.2.
3. What is the acceptable range for dialysate conductivity?
The conductivity of the dialysate solution is measured in siemens. The acceptable range of dialysate conductivity ranges between 12-16 mS/cm.
4. What are the aqueous parameters tested by these dialysate meters?
Dialysate meters provided by us can test up to seven aqueous parameters – conductivity, TDS, resistivity, pH, free chlorine equivalent (FCE TM), ORP, and temperature.
5. Is automatic temperature compensation available with dialysate meters?
Yes, automatic temperature compensation is available with Models D1 and D2. They provide temperature compensation automatic to 25°C/77°F for samples 10-71°C/50-160°F.
6. Can I calibrate the digital dialysate meter by myself?
Yes, you can calibrate digital dialysate meters D-4 and D-6 as they have calibratable keypads. In addition, you can easily calibrate D-1 and D-2 models using finger-adjustable internal trimmers.
7. Can these dialysate meters store readings?
Yes, they can. In fact, Myron D-4 and D-6 meters can store up to 100 readings with date and time stamps.
8. What is the purpose of the final dialysate?
Dialysate solution is a combination of different salts like bicarbonate, water, electrolytes, etc. This solution intends to remove all the impurities present in the blood due to malfunctioning of the kidneys through the process of hemodialysis.
At Cannon Water Technology, we strive to develop the best quality products to meet your application requirements. We understand how a dialysate meter is essential for hemodialysis treatment. Therefore, keeping human health as a priority, we source these devices from one of the leading brands Myron L. If you have any queries regarding our dialysate meter or the buying process, then please feel free to reach out to us. Our customer support team will guide you through the process.