Motorized Ball Valves
A motorized ball valve, also called an electric ball valve, is designed to control the fluid flow. These valves come with electric actuators, which allow them to open and close as per the application’s requirement. As compared with other solenoid ball valves, electrically actuated ball valves support high flow rates and are suitable for quick actions, including urgent shut-off and anti-water hammer.
At Cannon Water Technology, we offer a wide variety of motorized ball valves ideal for various water, wastewater, and other industrial applications involving fluid transfers and dosing. Most of the ball valves we offer are manufactured by us, and some of them are sourced from top-brand manufacturers like Lakos.
Types of Motorized Valves
There are three types of motorized valves used to move fluids from pipelines.
- Linear Motorized Valve: This type of motorized ball valve contains a linear valve consisting of a diaphragm to control the fluid flow.
- Quarter Turn Motorized Valve: As the name suggests, these valves allow the port to open at an angle of 90 degrees. In addition, the working of quarter-turn motorized actuators is based on plugs, butterfly valves, and ball valves to control fluid movement.
- Multi-Turn motorized Valve: These valves can perform more than one rotation. The actuators in this valve use gates, ball valves, and so on to open and close the valves.
How Does a Motorized Electric Ball Valve Work?
A motorized ball valve is equipped with an electric motor that generates torque transmitted by the shaft. This torque allows a rotary moment in the valve, which is controlled by an electric actuator. The electric motor in actuated ball valves rotates the ball with a centered hole to control the flow of movement. The valve is completely open when this hole is parallel to the flow. On the other hand, when the hole is perpendicular to the flow, the valve is closed. Motorized or electric ball valves are ideally used for large volumes of flow.
What Materials Are Used for Manufacturing Motorized Ball Valves?
Motorized ball valves are mainly made up of the following materials:
- Brass: Brass is one of the most durable metals suitable for making electric actuated ball valves. It is also ideal for different temperatures, types of media flow, pressures, environments, and so on.
- Carbon Steel: Carbon steel is a strong and durable material used for manufacturing motorized ball valves. It is ideal for applications where the valve needs to withstand high pressures and temperatures up to 400 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit without deforming or breaking.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel is slightly more expensive as compared to brass. However, it is lead-free and corrosion-resistant, which makes it an ideal choice for drinking water applications.
Advantages of Motorized Ball Valves
The following advantages of our motorized ball valves make them popular among various industries:
- Ideal for heavy fluid flows
- Anti-water hammer
- Simple installation
- Low maintenance
- Suitable for automated systems
- Two-wire connection
Applications of Our Motorized Ball Valves
Motorized ball valves have the following applications:
- Filtration system purging
- Condensation line purge
- Water treatment blow down
- Flow control valve
- Drain Valve
- Centrifugal separator purge valve
- Two-way motorized ball valve
- HVAC motorized ball valve
Cannon Water Technology provides a wide range of electric actuated ball valves for water or other applications with liquid flow or transfer. We understand the importance of your industrial applications, and therefore we strive to serve you with the best quality products you can rely on. We manufacture motorized ball valves with high precision to meet your application requirements. In case you have any queries regarding our electric ball valves, please feel free to get in touch with us. Our customer support team will answer your queries and help you throughout the purchasing process.