Cooling Tower Water Treatments
Cooling towers are necessary for the efficient cooling of various process fluids in a wide range of factories and other commercial settings. The towers work by contact cooling, which means that water is sprayed over a series of heat transfer surfaces. This cooling process causes the water to evaporate, and the vapor is then collected and removed from the tower. These cooling towers are an important part of water treatment systems, and they play a crucial role in ensuring that the water is clean and safe. Needless to say, if not properly treated, the water can contain dangerous bacteria and organisms that can harm people and animals. That is why it is important to have a reliable and effective cooling tower treatment program in place. At Cannon Water Technology, we offer several cooling water treatment solutions including cooling water treatment chemicals to serve the purpose.
Sub Categories of Cooling Tower Water Treatments
Steps Involved in Cooling Water Treatment
Water treatment is critical for ensuring proper operation of cooling towers. The water in cooling towers is constantly recirculated, which can lead to the build-up of contaminants. If these contaminants are not removed, they can cause problems such as corrosion, fouling, and scaling.
There are a number of steps involved in cooling tower water treatment, which are listed below:
1. Pretreatment: Pre-treatment, as the name suggests, is a preparatory step that is conducted prior to the main treatment process of water. In the case of cooling tower water treatment, pre-treatment is an essential step that helps remove large suspended solids, oil and grease from the water. This helps improve the performance of the entire treatment system.
2. Filtration: Water can contain various contaminants including oils, solids and suspended particles. If contaminants are not removed then it can damage the tower, and in some cases, it can harm the environment. It is therefore vitally important that effective filtration takes place during the cooling tower water treatment process.
3. Chemical Treatment: Conducting chemical-treatment during the cooling tower water treatment process is significant because it helps to reduce the amount of deposit buildup on the surfaces of the tower. The reduction in deposit buildup ensures that heat can be dissipated more easily, improving the efficiency of the cooling tower and helping to protect against potentially extensive damage. It also helps to prevent the growth of microorganisms and algae, which can cause fouling of the system.
4. Disinfection: The process of disinfection is an important step in the overall cooling tower water treatment process. By killing any harmful bacteria present in the water, we can help ensure the tower functions properly and that the water it outputs is clean and safe. There are number of different disinfectants available for this task that impose positive effects on the cooling tower water treatment process.
5. Corrosion Control: The water that circulates through these towers inevitably picks up a certain number of dissolved solids and organic matter, which can cause corrosion and other problems if left untreated.
6. Scale Control: Conducting scale control during cooling tower water treatment is a significant process that helps to prevent the formation of deposits on heat exchange surfaces. This in turn helps to improve the efficiency of the cooling tower and prolong its lifespan. Scale control is typically achieved through the use of chemicals, such as phosphates, that bind to the minerals in the water and prevent them from depositing on surfaces. In addition to chemical treatment, physical means, such as dissolved air flotation, can also be used to remove scale-forming minerals from cooling tower water.
We offer a variety of water treatment products including cooling water treatment chemicals to keep your system running smoothly. Our products are effective and affordable, and our team is always available to answer any questions you may have. Give us a call today or browse our website to learn more about what we can do for you.