Cooling Tower Cleaning Chemicals
A cooling tower is a heat exchanging setup which helps maintain the water temperature to the required level. This happens through the exchange of outside air with the water inside which is circulated through the tower. Many industrial units require cooling towers as part of their water treatment system. As the cooling towers circulate water, they serve as breeding ground for water-based microbes, and there may be issues pertaining to scaling and fungal growth. Thus, these equipment need to be cleaned on a periodic basis to maintain their integrity.
Although all these issues can affect the water quality, scaling is the big concern among all. If not handled properly, it may lead to rusting and other mechanical issues in future. At Cannon Water Technology, we offer various types of cooling tower descaler chemicals which help control pH, corrosion, scale buildup, and more. These are concentrated solutions which need to be diluted in water as mentioned on the pack.
What is Regular Cooling Tower Cleaning or Descaling Program
While you may be cleaning the cooling towers on your own at times, getting it done from a professional services provider on a periodic basis, depending on the usage, is essential. Here are some important steps of the cooling tower cleaning process.
- A descaling chemical for cooling tower is spread throughout and kept for at least half an hour, which helps remove the mineral scale buildup.
- This chemical is washed off using a spray, and after which the sump is pressure washed or vacuum cleaned.
- Another wash is done using a biocide chemical which kills bacteria, algae, and any other germs and parasites.
- We offer non-oxidizing biocide chemicals as well as oxidizing ones such as chlorine and bromine solutions which remove iron, sulfates, dirt, and so on, and also act as corrosion inhibitors.
- Depending on the chemical type you chose, about 2 to 4 ounces of concentrated solution can clean 1000 gallons of water.
- Using the O.P. test kits, you can test these chemicals in any recirculating system. Our recommended range is 10-20 drops.
Types of Chemicals Offered by Us
At Cannon Water, we offer a variety of cooling tower descaler chemicals. Here are some of them.
- CW Chemicals: These super concentrated chemicals contain a dual polymeric dispersing system for eliminating dirt, calcium carbonate, sulfates, iron, and so on. Most of our chemical solutions are suitable for 3 cycles of mineral concentration. These include CW 409, CW300, CW509, and more.
- All-in-One Chemicals: We offer all-in-one solutions for cooling tower cleaning which cater to non-acidic pH levels, corrosion resistance, and cleaning.
Beneficial Features of Cooling Tower Cleaning Chemicals
Our cooling tower cleaning chemicals have been integral to cooling towers across industries. We believe the following beneficial features of cooling tower descaling chemicals have contributed to their popularity.
- Our solutions are ecofriendly and safe for the environment.
- Regular cleaning with our chemicals helps improve the operational life of the tower. Water efficiency, and reduced corrosion and mineral scaling. This reduces energy consumption by the tower.
- They help balance the chemical properties of water such as pH, viscosity, and more.
- Our concentrated chemicals are easy to ship as there is no possibility of leakages or spillages.
- Some formulations offer a superb blend of biocides, algaecides, dispersants, and anti-scalants.
Applications of Cooling Tower Cleaning Chemicals
Our cooling tower cleaning chemicals are used across process industries which involve water treatment, recirculation, or temperature reduction. Here are some application areas:
- Water treatment
At Cannon Water Technology, we offer you accurate water treatment chemicals and solutions to suit your application requirements. Our team can assist you in the selection process as well. While there is no doubt about the product quality, we also offer excellent customer service. If you share your requirements with us regarding the type of water used in cooling towers, we can guide you with the right solution. Do let us know if you have any questions. Feel free to reach us via phone or email.