A water pressure sensor and transducer is an electronic device used for measuring water pressure in water tanks and other applications in process industries. It measures and detects the pressure of water in a system and provides a digital output signal representing the measured pressure. The digital pressure sensor utilizes electronic components and technology to convert the physical pressure exerted by the water into an electrical signal, which is then processed and displayed digitally.
Cannon Water provides digital pressure transducers and sensors from various industry-leading brands like Transducers Direct. These digital water pressure transducers are equipped with pressure sensing element, signal conditioning circuitry, LED displays, which will inform you if the pressure is high or low, without reading values. Our products are made with stainless steel with analog and digital outputs and are completely electronically designed with high accuracy.
Beneficial Features of Water Pressure Transducers and Sensors Offered by Cannon Water Technology
Digital pressure sensors offer several advantages over traditional analog sensors. They provide precise and reliable pressure measurements, often with high resolution and accuracy. They are also capable of compensating for temperature variations, allowing for more accurate readings. Our water pressure transducers and sensors have gained immense popularity across industries. We believe the following features have contributed to this popularity.
- They feature electronic design and come with bi-color or 4-digit displays to offer quick insights on pressure values.
- They come with analog and digital inputs, which improves their utility in a wide range of industrial applications.
- These water pressure sensors feature factory-programmable set points, as well as hysteresis.
- The robust construction of these digital pressure transducers makes them an ideal fit for most industrial environments.
- We can provide these water pressure transducers and sensors in different outputs and custom pressure ranges to meet your application requirements.
- Our digital pressure transducers come with sensing elements, which inform users when the sensor needs to be changed if it fails to perform the right sensing. This helps avoid expensive downtimes.
Applications of Water Pressure Sensors and Transducers
Our water pressure sensors and transducers are widely used across the following industries:
- Medical facilities
- Buildings and construction sites
- Automotive facilities
Tips to Select Water Pressure Sensors and Transducers for Your Application
Below are some tips that you can consider while choosing a water pressure sensor and transducer for your application:
- Type of measurement: The water pressure sensor and transducer can be used to measure different types of pressures including absolute pressure, gauge pressure, and differential pressure.
- Pressure Range: This is one of the most important requirements when it comes to choosing a water pressure transducer. There are two considerations to make under this: the pressure sensor and transducer must assure accuracy and stay protected from overpressure. Thus, low and high-pressure ranges must be addressed.
- Accuracy: Digital water pressure sensor and transducer can be availed in different accuracies ranging from 0.5% to 0.005% of the full-scale output. Generally, high accuracies are recommended for demanding applications.
- Output Ranges: The water pressure sensors and transducers are available in various output ranges including mV/V output, ratiometric, mA output, and various types of digital outputs. You must consider the benefits of each of these outputs before choosing the right device for your application.
- Temperature Range and Operational Environment: The performance of a transducer or sensor may be affected by temperature, vibrations, and other factors. Thus, it is important to address the operational environment of these devices.
Digital pressure sensors in water pressure instruments offer greater flexibility, enhanced performance, and improved data handling capabilities compared to analog pressure sensors, making them a popular choice in modern water pressure measurement applications.
Being at the forefront of water treatment and process technology for several decades, we understand the requirements of industries where our equipment is regularly used. Feel free to get in touch with our team at Cannon Water to discuss your requirements for a digital pressure sensor, and our experts will help you find the right solution for your needs.
Q: What is a water pressure sensor?
A: A water pressure sensor is an instrument used to measure the pressure of water in a system or pipeline.
Q: How does a water pressure sensor work?
A: Water pressure sensors work by detecting changes in pressure and converting them into an electrical signal that can be read by a monitoring system or controller.
Q: What are the types of water pressure sensors?
A: There are several types of water pressure sensors, including gauge pressure sensors, absolute pressure sensors, differential pressure sensors, and sealed pressure sensors.
Q: What is the range of measurement for water pressure sensors?
A: The range of measurement for water pressure sensors can vary depending on the specific model and manufacturer, but common ranges are from 0-100 PSI or 0-700 kPa.
Q: What are some common applications for water pressure sensors?
A: Water pressure sensors are commonly used in water treatment plants, irrigation systems, plumbing systems, and industrial processes that require precise water pressure control.
Q: How do you calibrate a water pressure sensor?
A: Calibration procedures vary depending on the specific model and manufacturer, but generally involve applying known pressure values and adjusting the sensor output to match those values.