Flow Meters & Fittings
The process industries use various types of fluids for production and cleaning. The flow of these liquids is measured using various types of flow meters. These flow meters are regularly used in water and wastewater treatment plants and several process industries. At Cannon Water Technology, we provide a broad range of flow meters, including magnetic flow meters, ammeter flow meters, paddlewheel flow meters, and variable area flow meters. We understand the importance of these devices, which is why we have taken care to include products from leading brands like SeaMetrics. Our selection also features flow meter accessories, which makes us a one-stop destination for all your flow meter needs.
Types of Flow Meters Provided by Cannon Water
At Cannon Water, we stock the following types of flow meters.
- Magnetic Flow Meters: These flow meters are also known as mag meters and feature electrodes that can measure the fluid velocity in pipes or tubes. The devices use a magnetic field produced by electrodes to detect the flow of liquid flowing through the system. Magnetic flow meters are used in wastewater applications where toxic, dirty, and conductive liquids may be present. These magnetic flow meters possess no moving parts, which makes them suited for measuring fluid flow in high-pressure environments.
- Paddlewheel Flow Meters: These flow meters feature paddlewheel and are used to measure the velocity of fluids such as liquids, water, and chemicals in pipes. The paddlewheels are driven by the mechanical energy of the flowing fluid. The shaft rotation of the paddlewheel produces a pulse, which is interpreted by the sensor or transmitter to determine the fluid flow. The paddlewheel movement increases with the fluid movement. Our selection features LORRIC paddlewheel flow meter with AxelSense Technology and SeaMetrics paddlewheel flow meters.
- Variable Area Flow Meters: These flow meters operate at pressure drop to measure the flow of gases, steam, and liquids in industrial facilities. Variable area flow meters consist of float and tube and their operation is based on the principle of variable area. The float in the tapered tube of the flow meter rises with the flow of the liquid. The float will be raised higher if the flow is high. We stock variable area flow meters from the brand Blue-White. These flow meters have been successfully employed in various harsh operating environments across industrial facilities in the US.
- Ultrasonic Flow Meters: An ultrasonic flow meter is a device that utilizes ultrasound to calculate the volume flow of fluids. Ultrasonic flow meters work well when they are used in fluids that feature minute particles or bubbles. They may not provide the best results when used in drinking water or distilled water. We stock ultrasonic flow meters from Blue White. These flow meters have been successfully used to measure the liquid velocity of fluids like cryogenic liquids, molten sulfur, and chemicals.
Tips to Choose the Best Flow Meters for Your Application
Our selection features various types of flow meters, which makes the selection a little overwhelming. The following tips will help you make the right selection.
- Type of fluid being measured
- Accuracy of measurements
- Maximum and minimum flow rates of fluids used in the process
- Fluid compatibility with the materials used in flow meters
- Maximum pressure at the location
- Operating environment of the flow meter – hazardous locations or standard environments
- Readout or output signal to be interpreted
- Intermittent or continuous flow
Applications of Flow Meters
Flow meters differ in terms of design and utility. Each flow meter available with us serves the same purpose with slight differences across applications. We have been regularly providing flow meters to our clients for measuring the flow of the following fluids:
- Chemical Additives
- Primary sludge
- Waste and return activated sludge
We have been at the forefront of water and wastewater treatment technologies for several years now. However, we haven’t limited ourselves to these industries. As a result, we had the privilege to serve some of the big players across the following industries:
- Oil and gas
- Food and beverage
- Metals and mining
- Metals and mining
- Pulp and paper
We understand how certain performance parameters depend on fluid flow. If the flow is not consistent, it may point towards a technical error or damaged equipment warranting repair. If the flow discrepancies are not accurately identified and addressed in time, then it may lead to huge losses for our clients. This is why we have always emphasized on quality products and accessories. At Cannon Water Technology, we believe our job doesn’t end at providing branded flow meters rather, it begins after they get sold. Our experts guide clients through all the stages of purchase right from finding the right solution to helping them install these devices properly and to optimize the value of their water and wastewater treatment applications. Feel free to contact our experts today to discuss your requirements, clarify your doubts, and purchase the right flow meter for your industrial facility. Our experts will be glad to help you.