At Cannon Water Technology, we provide various types of chemical-resistant tubing from industry-leading brands like Walchem for environments where they may be exposed to toxic chemicals and other extremities such as high temperature, moisture and other external parameters.
Features of Cannon Water's Chemical Resistant Tubing
We provide chemical-resistant tubing with various specifications to meet your unique tubing requirements. The following features of our tubing have made them popular with the clients.
- Diverse Material Options: We provide chemical or acid resistant tubing in a wide range of materials, such as PTFE, polyethylene, and PVC, among others. This helps us ensure their compatibility with various chemical applications.
- Sturdy Construction: All chemical tubing in our collection is designed keeping durability in mind and they can withstand the most challenging scenarios involving corrosive substances, high pressures, and severe temperatures. This way it offers a dependable and long-lasting solution for your industrial demands.
- Versatility: At Cannon Water, our customers rely on our tubes as they can be used in various applications, including industry, water treatment, laboratories, and chemical processing.
- Customization Options: As we know that every industry has its own special and unique needs, we provide customization choices for our acid resistant tubing.
- Compliance with Industry Standards: At Cannon Water, you will find chemically resistant tubing that meets industry standards. For instance, we also provide FDA-approved tubing that meets the rigorous requirements of the food and pharmaceutical processing industry. This helps in guaranteeing the quality and safety of the items that you receive.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Chemical or Acid Resistant Tubing for Application
When choosing chemical-resistant tubing, it's essential to consider several factors if you want to ensure its reliability, safety and optimal performance. Here are some key points to consider:
- Chemical Compatibility: You need to ensure that the tube that you have selected is compatible with chemicals used in your applications. Common materials for chemical-resistant tubing include PVC, rubber of different kinds, PTFE (Teflon), polyethylene, and polypropylene. Each material has unique qualities related to resistance to chemicals and temperatures. You can refer to the compatibility sheets offered by the manufacturer or contact our experts to discuss your chemical compatibility concerns.
- Temperature Resistance: To ensure the integrity and performance of the chemical resistant tubing, it is vital to select tubes that can withstand even extreme temperatures. For that you need to consider or check the temperature range of your application. You must ensure that the tube you have chosen can withstand the temperature range of your process.
- Pressure Rating: Ascertain the pressure levels in your system. To avoid leaks or failures, chemical tubing should have a pressure rating higher than the highest pressure to which it will be subjected in your application.
- Flexibility and Rigidity: You must consider the degree of rigidity or flexibility needed for your application or how much do you want to bend your tube for your application. If you are considering rigid tubing, they may be favored in circumstances where stability is essential, whereas flexible tubing is appropriate for applications where the tube must bend or flex.
- Size and Dimensions: You must address the tubing dimensions like inner diameter, outer diameter, and wall thickness that are appropriate for your application. Also, consider the flow rates and volumes of the substances passing through the tubing.
- Length and Installation: You must determine the required length of tubing for your system and the ease of installation to ensure of there is the need of any special connectors or fittings.
- Compliance with Regulations: Meeting industry’s standards and regulations has always been important to meet the quality expectations. If you operate in the pharmaceuticals or food processing, you need to be extra cautious while selecting tubing complies with industry standards and regulations.
- Cost Considerations: Like everyone else, consider budget-friendly chemical tubing options. While doing so, it is essential to select a chemical or acid resistant tubing that meets your performance requirements and serves as a cost-effective solution for your applications as well. Hence, you must consider the cost of tubing materials as well.
Types of Chemical Resistant Tubing We Offer
Here are some varieties of chemical resistant tubing we offer:
- Polyethylene (PE) Tubing: Often referred to as PE tubing, this type of tubing is flexible, durable, lightweight, and resistant to heat and corrosion. It is widely used in fluid and gas transfer applications. It comes in various bright colors and inhibits the entry of outside fluids, moisture, or gases inside the tube. Additionally, it is resistant to puncture and cracking.
- Pickup Tube: As the name implies, this type of tube is used to pick up solutions or fluids for pumping. This is commonly made of PVC and works based on the suction principle or application of light pressure to pick up the required material. It is also used to pick up tennis balls.
- Pump Tube: Made of Fluro Viton material, this tube is designed for transferring harsh chemicals, corrosive substances, and acids and find applications in chemical and pharmaceutical industries. Manufacturers have to comply with the required FDA pharma standards to make this tube type. These are robust and offer excellent resistance to corrosion and harsh chemicals.
- FDA-approved Tube: These are mostly made of polyethylene with a high molecular weight resin. They usually come in opaque colors. They comply with FDA and NSF-51 as well as NSF-61 requirements pertaining to food processing and water purification applications. You can use this outdoor as well because they have a UV inhibitor fitted. You can use this tube with appropriate tube support.
Over the years, we have delivered chemical-resistant tubing to our clients across the following industries.
- Chemical Processing: In this industry, chemical-resistant tubing is used for transporting and handling a wide range of chemicals and solvents used in the manufacturing processes.
- Water Treatment: Various types of chemicals are used for water purification and treatment in the water treatment industries. Knowing this, we have successfully delivered tubing that can withstand chemicals used for the purification and treatment of water and wastewater.
- Pharmaceutical: We understand the stringent quality requirements of the pharmaceutical industry. Thus, we supply only FDA-approved tubing to our clients in this industry. Our tubing is used to transfer pharmaceutical ingredients, intermediates, and other fluids during the processing.
- Laboratory: It is used in various applications, including sample handling, chemical analysis, and experimentation in laboratories.
- Agriculture: It is used in many agricultural applications for the transfer of fertilizers, pesticides, and other agricultural chemicals.
Applications of Chemical Resistant Tubing
Our chemical resistant tubing is typically used to transfer various chemicals and other harsh solutions and gases in an industrial facility. It finds applications in the following areas:
- Oil & gas
- Food and beverages
- Water and wastewater
With our extremely resourceful team being there, we can always assure of the product quality and assist you in the right selection of tubing. In case of any further questions regarding our plastic or PVC chemical resistant tubing, you can reach us on phone or email.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What materials are commonly used in chemical-resistant tubing?
We provide chemical-resistant tubing in several materials, such as PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene), PVC (polyvinyl chloride), polyethene, PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride), and FEP (fluorinated ethylene propylene).
- Is it possible to use chemical-resistant tubing in food processing applications?
Not every chemical-resistant tubing is appropriate for food processing. Always ensure that tubing complies with FDA (Food and Drug Administration) regulations or other standards. This is because the tubing is used to transport different chemicals used during food production. In such scenarios, the tubing must retain its integrity.
- Does chemical-resistant tubing require special maintenance and cleaning?
Maintenance and cleaning of these tubes would differ according to your application requirements and the tubing material used. It is always recommended to check the manufacturer’s guidelines on sterilization, cleaning and maintenance to ensure the lifespan and performance of the tubing.
- Is chemical or acid resistant tubing flexible?
Chemical-resistant tubing's elasticity varies according to its composition. While some materials may be more rigid, others, like PTFE, are renowned for their flexibility.
- Can chemical-resistant tubing be used for abrasive materials?
While chemical-resistant tubing is designed to withstand chemical exposure, it may not necessarily be abrasion-resistant. If your application involves abrasive materials, you may need to choose tubing specifically designed to resist abrasion.
- Is chemical-resistant tubing recyclable?
It depends on the type of material you are choosing. Some materials like PVC are recyclable and others are not. Therefore, before buying your chemical tubing, you must inquire about the recyclability of material. Hence, check with the tubing manufacturer or recycling facilities and ask for guidance on proper disposal and recycling practices.