Turbidity of water or any solution can be defined based on the particulate matter, semi-solids, and any other viscous matter present in the fluid or water. While turbid water can be identified by basic visual inspection, it is quantified through turbidity meters, which helps in analyzing the quality of water and the contents present in it by measuring the amount of suspended particles. These are simple handheld devices which are water proof with a digital display and can be easily carried to the site where water sample needs to be tested. At Cannon Water Technology, we offer various types of turbidity meters including portable ones, which can measure the turbidity of water and several other fluids.
How Does a Turbidity Meter Work?
This handy device measures the quantity of suspended particles in a fluid through a light beam and light detector which is set at a right angle from the former. The beam of light scatters through the water or fluid based on the density of suspended particles. The light detector determines the amount of light reflected back. The amount of light reflected back is directly proportional to the density of the fluid, which is actually the amount of suspended particles. Also, once the beam of light enters the sample water or fluid, the rate at which it spreads through slows down. This scattering or penetration would be slower if the water is denser. The entire beam of light cannot penetrate till the end if the water is dense or turbid, and it gets converted into forms of energy. The amount of reflected light is quantified and turbidity is measured in Nephelometric Turbidity Units (NTU).
Beneficial Features of Turbidity Meters
Water for drinking and consumption must definitely not be turbid. The more the number of suspended particles, the more is the turbidity of water. Portable turbidity meters offered by Cannon Water offers a number of benefits. Here are some of them:
- As mentioned, these are easy-to-use, affordable, robust, water proof handy devices with simple push buttons which you can operate as per the given menu.
- We also offer turbidity meters with several functionalities. For instance, our water quality testing photometer offers readings for close to 30 parameters such as pH, turbidity, combined chlorine, calcium, ozone, and so on.
- Each turbidity meter comes with sample vials, bottles, case, a USB cable and adapter, as well as a cleaning cloth.
- They are powered by rechargeable batteries and come with an LCD or LED display to note the readings.
- Some models have Bluetooth which makes data transfer to another nearby device, such as smartphone, easy.
- The maximum turbidity range is defined for each model but generally is up to around 2000 NTU.
- Our turbidity meters are environmentally friendly.
- We also offer thermos scientific turbidity meters with pre-calibrated sensors, which are suitable for om-line turbidity measurement and instant output.
- Our meters have a quite wide temperature range and are suitable for hot and cold waters ranging from -5 to 50 degrees Celsius.
- Most of these models come with a two-point calibration.
- If required, we also offer a set of rechargeable batteries and calibration sets.
Turbidity meter for water analysis is used across industries, where water is a key ingredient or part of process. Here are some application areas:
- Wastewater treatment
- Food & beverages
- Industrial water purification
- Water filtration and supply systems
- Government departments of water supply
If you are looking for good quality portable turbidity meters for your application, you can totally rely on us. At Cannon Water, we have an efficient and experienced team with whom you can share your requirements, and they will offer you the right turbidity meter based on the same. They can answer all the questions you may have regarding these turbidity meters. In case of any further enquiries or requirement sharing, you can reach us via phone or email.