Icon Process ControlsS/.3,757.01 - S/.3,965.97
Icon Process ControlsS/.5,846.56 - S/.6,055.52
Icon Process ControlsS/.6,264.47 - S/.6,473.43
Icon Process ControlsS/.5,846.56 - S/.6,055.52
Icon Process ControlsS/.7,518.20 - S/.7,727.16
Icon Process ControlsS/.2,001.79 - S/.3,715.22
Icon Process ControlsS/.3,506.26 - S/.4,634.62
Icon Process ControlsS/.4,383.88 - S/.6,389.84
Icon Process ControlsS/.3,965.97 - S/.5,930.14
Icon Process ControlsS/.5,721.19 - S/.7,894.32
Icon Process ControlsS/.3,757.01 - S/.7,476.41
Icon Process ControlsS/.5,512.23 - S/.10,527.15
How Does a Paddlewheel Flowmeter Work?
Paddlewheel flowmeters feature three components: the pipe fitting, the controller/displayer, and the paddlewheel flow sensors. The sensor comprises a freely rotating impeller or wheel with magnets embedded into it. This wheel is perpendicular to the flow and rotates when inserted in the pipe fitting.
When the fluid flows through the pipe, the magnets in the blades spin and produce a voltage signal and frequency that is proportional to the flow rate. The frequency and voltage increases with the flow rate. The voltage signal is sent to the transmitter, which processes it to determine the fluid flow. The paddle wheel flowmeters are used to measure the velocity of liquids, such as water and different non-toxic chemicals in industrial applications. The most common use of paddle wheel flow meter is in application where water may be present and variables like conductivity, pH/ORP, fluid level, and temperature are to be measured. Slurries and fluids with particles can affect the functioning of paddlewheel flow meter, thus, it is not recommended for those applications.
Tips to Choose Paddlewheel Flow Meter for Your Applications
Our selection features wide range of paddlewheel flowmeters, including insertion paddlewheel meter, battery powered flow meters, and so on. Sometimes the selection may get overwhelming due to the varieties. The following pointers will ease your selection.
- Type of fluid and flow velocity to be measured
- Response times of the flow
- Material compatibility with the fluid
- Operating voltage and current compensation
How to Use a Paddle Wheel Flow Meter?
A paddle wheel flow meter is used to measure the flow rate of fluids in tubing and pipes in industrial and commercial facilities. The rotational speed of the flow meter is directly proportional to the flow rate of the fluid. Here is how you can use these paddle wheel flow meters.
- Install the flow sensor or flow meter in the tubing or pipe as per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Calibrate the paddlewheel flow sensor as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Connect the paddlewheel flow transmitter to the power supply.
- Connect the signal output of the flow meter to the control system, data logger, or a unit of display depending on your application requirements.
- Turn on the power supply to the paddle wheel flow transmitter and you will notice the paddle wheel spinning during the liquid flow.
- Observe the digital readings on the output device.
- Be sure the flow is steady, not fluctuating, because this can affect the accuracy of your readings.
- Monitor the readings of the flow meter regularly to ensure its proper functioning.
- Remember to clean the sensor and paddlewheel periodically, because contaminants can affect its accuracy.
Important Tips to Choose Paddle Wheel Water Flow Meters
It is crucial to choose the right paddlewheel flow meters for your application to ensure the right flow measurement. Listed below are a few tips that you must follow if you are planning to invest in the paddle wheel water flow meters.
- Define your application requirement: You must have a clear picture of your requirements if you want to ensure the proper functioning of these flow meters. For instance, you must focus on factors like the type of fluid, flow rate range, pressure, temperature, etc.
- Determine the flow rate range and accuracy: You must know the minimum and maximum flow rate range of your application. Then, you must choose a paddlewheel flow meter that can measure flow rates within your desired range. It must meet the accuracy requirements, as well.
- Analyze the signal output: Paddlewheel flowmeters produce various types of electrical signals, such as frequency, pulse, analog signal, and so on. Analyze what would be the right type of signal output for your application.
- Check the pipe size and connection type: Choose a flow meter that matches the size of your tubing or pipe. The flow meter produces accurate readings when attached to a properly sized pipe.
- Analyze the pressure and temperature ratings: Check the pressure and temperature ratings of the flow meter and ensure they meet the pressure and temperature requirements of your application.
- Assess the maintenance requirements: Assess the maintenance requirements of your application. Always choose the one that is easy to clean and maintain.
- Consider the environmental condition: The flow meter may be used in hazardous locations or corrosive environments. Ensure, that the model you choose is rated for such environments.
Maintenance Tips for Your Paddlewheel Flow Meters
There are several tips that can help you maintain your paddlewheel flow meter run in the long run. Listed below are a few of them:
- Inspect your flow meter regularly: Check the equipment to recognize the signs of physical damage, wear, or corrosion on it. This will help to identify the issues and prevent them from escalating.
- Clean the paddlewheel: There may be an accumulation of dirt, debris and deposits on the paddlewheel. If not cleaned properly, this would affect the rotation of the wheel and the measurement accuracy. Use a cleaning solution and a soft brush to clean the paddlewheel.
- Check the paddlewheel flow sensor: Many paddlewheel flow meters feature an electrical sensor. If you find one in yours ensure to check for the signs of contamination, damage, wear and tear. Follow the manufacturer's recommendations while cleaning the sensor.
- Ensure electrical connections: Check the electrical connections for their integrity. Any loose or corroded connections can lead to inaccuracy in the reading, therefore it is important to verify that you have all the electrical connections correct in the right place.
- Inspect seals and gaskets: Examine for signs of wear or tear on seals and gaskets. If you find any damage, replace these seals and gaskets immediately.
- Calibration Verification: Regularly check the calibration of the flow meter to ensure it remains accurate. Even if the manufacturer specifies a long calibration interval, it's a good practice to perform routine verification checks.
Steps to Install a Paddle Wheel Flow Meter
Installing a paddle wheel flow meter is not a complex process, however, if not done correctly, there are chances that you won’t get an accurate flow measurement. Take a look below at these steps to learn how you can install a paddle wheel flow meter:
- When installing a paddle wheel water flow meter, always refer to the exact user manual. The following is provided as a reference only.
- Before you begin the installation, make sure you have all the required tools and equipment in the procedure.
- Choose the installation location of the pipeline where the flow is fully developed and not affected by turbulence.
- Insert the paddlewheel flow meter into the pipeline and secure it to the pipe using the provided fittings or mounting hardware and ensure that the flow meter is oriented correctly as recommended by the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Seal the connections properly with appropriate sealing materials like gaskets or pipes that can ensure a leak-free connection between the flow meter and the pipeline.
- Do not stress the connections during the installation.
- Connect the wire in line with the manufacturer's instructions, making sure all connections are tight and secure.
- Don't overwork the connections during installation.
- Introduce flow into the meter gradually and be careful so it doesn’t induce a water hammer that could harm it.
- Ensure that no bubbles are forming in the media close to the meter. This would help avoid measurement errors.
- Start recording the data and monitor it over time.
Beneficial Features of Paddlewheel Flow Meters
Paddle wheel flow transmitter are used in industrial applications where flow of fluid can affect the outcomes of the process and influence the working of equipment. The following features of these flow meters make them popular.
- The flow meters assure high repeatability.
- There are in-line and insertion style flow meters. Both these types are easy to install and operate.
- Some paddlewheel flow meter models from LORRIC feature AxelSense Technology that can sense small flow rates and identify any abnormalities in paddle.
- Our paddlewheel flow meters possess robust construction that allows them withstand harsh operational environments.
- Many flow meters are equipped with LCD screens with green, red, and orange indicator lights. These lights help users understand the status of the equipment.
Applications of Paddlewheel Flow Meters
Our selection features a wide range of flow meters from trusted brands. They have been proven to perform in the following applications.
- Industrial Fluid Control
- Cool Water Monitoring
- Industrial Water/Wastewater Treatment
- Chemical Proportioning
What types of liquids can be measured with paddlewheel flowmeters?
Water, chemicals, and some types of oils are examples of clean, low-viscosity liquids that can be measured using paddlewheel flowmeters. They might not be appropriate for fluids that are very viscous or abrasive.
Can I use paddlewheel flowmeters for applications involving abrasive or highly viscous fluids?
No, you cannot use paddlewheel flow meters for applications involving highly viscous or abrasive fluids. They may also be sensitive to variations in the temperature and density of the fluid.
How accurate are paddlewheel flowmeters offered by you?
The accuracy of a paddlewheel flow meter can vary depending on factors like the quality of the meter, the type of fluid being measured, and the flow rate range. In general, they can provide accuracy within a few percentage points.
Can paddlewheel flowmeters be used in hazardous environments?
Yes, some paddlewheel flowmeters are designed such that they can be used in hazardous environments and come with appropriate certifications and safeguards. You must be sure to choose a flow meter that meets the safety requirements of your specific application.
At our company, we pride ourselves on providing the best paddle wheel flow meters in the market. We have a wide range of products that can suit any need, and our team of experts will help you find the perfect meter for your specific application. We understand that every business is unique, which is why we offer a variety of flow meter options to choose from. With our products, you can rest assured that you're getting the highest quality and most accurate flow data possible. Contact us today to learn more about our products and how they can benefit you!