There are no products listed under this category.
Serfilco Vertical Pumps
Vertical pumps are primarily centrifugal pumps that are suited for underground applications such as transferring water from a below ground reservoir, bore well, and so on through pipelines to multiple destinations above the ground. They draw liquid in the vertical direction upward and hence the term vertical. Constructed using engineering grade metals or thermoplastics, vertical lift pumps work well with a varying range of operating temperatures as well as liquid and pressure ranges. Considering the immense significance of these vertical pumps in the process industries, Cannon Water Technology has partnered with Serfilco, one of the top industry brands. Since their inception, these pumps have set an industry standard for precise process applications.
Beneficial Features of Serfilco Vertical Pumps
The below-listed features of these pumps have immensely contributed to their popularity. So, let’s have a look at them.
- These pumps offer precise and efficient performance in any situation.
- They have a huge range of length from 10 inches to 12 feet and a flow rate range from 5 to 650 gpm.
- Serfilco vertical pumps are made of various material combinations such as PP, CVPC, PVDF, ECTFE, cast iron, and so on. They comprise SS shaft threaded into a chemical-duty motor. This eliminates weak pump bearings, shaft connections, conventional pump seals, spindles, bushing, and much more. This makes the pump strong and sturdy that it can run dry without any damage. This ensures years of hassle-free service.
- Serfilco pumps standard vertical models feature a heavy-duty machined mounting plate polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) vapor seal and column labyrinth seal. This protects the motor.
- They can be installed inside or outside the tank and work with NPT or BSP connections, and are quite easy to install.
- Most Serfilco vertical pumps are ideal for both high-efficiency and low-energy usage.
- At Cannon Water, we offer Serfilco vertical pumps in custom specifications to fulfill specific application needs.
- We almost always stock these pumps for quick shipments, especially across the USA.
Applications of Vertical Pumps
Serfilco Vertical Pumps are highly versatile and can generate a flow range from 5-650 gallons per minute (GPM) or higher. Easily configurable, these pumps can create the required pressure for an application. Owing to their versatile nature, they have become the most widely used type of centrifugal pump. The below listed are some common applications of these vertical pumps.
- pH control
- Metal picking
- Water treatment
- Metal finishing
- Chemical blending
- Chlorination plants
- Bio-diesel generators
- Acid neutralization
- Peracetic Acid Pump
- Chemical manufacturing
- Chemical toting and packaging
- Sodium hypochlorite generators
- Agricultural chemical injection
Essential Pointers for Successful Operation of Serfilco Vertical Pumps
There are countless benefits of choosing Serfilco vertical pumps. They not only increase the production line but reduce the overall downtime. That’s why selecting the appropriate Serfilco vertical pump in terms of size, capacity, and requirement of your process application is important. However, choosing vertical pumps is not an easy task as it seems. There are some important pointers that you need to consider while selecting vertical pumps.
- The first and foremost important consideration is the pump size, as it determines the overall frequency of the pump operation. An oversized pump works well to keep them operational for extended periods rather than starting and stopping them. This help in avoiding torque vibration and possible misalignment.
- Next, the length and speed of the pump should be considered. Keep the pump length short and drive as slowly as possible. This is because the high speed in terms of RPM and excess length can create radial load on the bearing surfaces.
- Bearing-free pumps are ideal for solutions containing abrasives. For pumps with bearings, abrasive conditions may be met if a compatible, clean, separate liquid can be used for flushing, lubrication, and cooling down the bearings.
- Use adequate liquid above the pump’s impeller to prevent possible damage to the motor.
- One should check the alignment and positioning of all components. Perform periodic inspections to avoid severe damage and wear.
Frequently Asked Questions on Vertical Pumps
Here is a list of common vertical pump questions people often ask us.
- How safe are vertical pumps?
Serfilco vertical pumps are engineered using superior materials, and all components are properly sealed in enclosed systems. So, they are safe and easy to use.
- What are vertical pumps Used for?
Vertical pumps are used to lift any solution from deep underground to significant heights. Serfilco vertical pumps have a number of applications ranging from plating and wet processing to transferring cleaning solutions, acids, and so on.
- What is the lifespan of vertical pumps?
While the life expectancy of these pumps depends largely on several factors such as usage, seamless electrical supply, and so on, Serfilco pumps are designed to be sturdy and can withstand even dry runs. Hence, they have a long operating life.
- Can vertical pumps run dry continuously?
Yes, Serfilco vertical pumps can run dry; however, one should avoid it for prolonged hours.
- Are vertical turbine pumps centrifugal?
Yes, vertical turbine pumps are centrifugal.
Are you interested in buying Serfilco vertical pumps for your upcoming industrial application? If that sounds yes, you can rely on us. At Cannon Water Technology, we have highly skilled experts with enough experience to understand clients’ requirements and provide the best solution to fulfill their needs. We offer the right type of Serfilco pumps depending on the application requirements. You can contact us anytime for any technical or pricing-related questions. Our experts will answer all your questions and help you select the appropriate vertical pumps for your application.