EchoPod® UG01 & UG03 Reflective Ultrasonic Multi-Function Liquid Level Sensor Transmitter
The general purpose reflective ultrasonic multi-function level transmitter provides continuous level measurement up to 9.8’ (3m) with a 4-20 mA analog signal output and four relays, and is configured via our WebCal software. The non-contact liquid level sensor features our proprietary Reflective Technology™ that delivers reliable level measurement in condensing environments. Each relay can be configured for alarm, automatic fill or empty functions. Select this sensor for small tanks with non-foaming and mildly vaporous media such as chemicals, water, wastewater and oil. Typical applications include day tank, IBC or drum, cooling tower, skid or machine, process tank and waste sumps.
Reflector bounces signal Signal blocked by water droplets.
Reflector prevents water droplets from forming on the
transducer causing signal attenuation
- Offered in 1.5m (4.9’) and 3m (9.8’) measurement ranges
- Fail-safe diagnostics with selectable relay and signal outputs
- Narrow 2” (5cm) beam width for applications with limited space
- Corrosion resistant PVDF transducer and compact PP enclosure
- Short 1.5” (3.8cm) dead band maximizes tank filling capacity
- Automatic temperature compensation from -40º to 80º C.
- Four programmable relays with embedded level control logic
- 1 pump or valve with 3 alarms
- 2 pumps lead-lag with 2 alarms
- 2 pumps duplexing with 2 alarms
- 4 independent switch point alarms
Condensation is the most common variable in liquid level applications. Condensation attenuates the acoustic signal of ultrasonic sensors with horizontal transducers, weakening their signal strength and signal to noise ratio by up to 50%, and substantially reducing their measurement reliability. At the core of Reflective Technology™ is a simple fact. Unlike flat horizontal surfaces, significant water droplets cannot adhere to smooth vertical surfaces. By orienting the transducer vertically, condensation runs off the transducer and does not affect sensor performance. The unimpeded transmit and receive signals are redirected to and from the liquid off a 45º reflector, delivering reliable level measurement. Thanks gravity.