Walchem EHE31E1-VC chemical metering pump is one of the most versatile and popular pumps used in the water treatment industry. This pump is characterized by its excellent mechanical design, as well as superior quality. The pump has a versatile control feature, which makes it easy to integrate in any chemical feed application. Cannon Water Technology, Inc. is a leading supplier of Wachem’s EH series chemical metering pumps in the US. The SKU for this most popular metering pump is EHE31E1VC.
Specifications of Walchem EHE31E1-VC Chemical Metering Pump 5.5 GPH, 150psi
- SKU: EHE31E1VC
- Series: EHE
- Electrical: 115 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Max Pressure: 150 PSI
- Average Power: 48 Watts
- Amp draw: 1.8
- Valve Balls: CE
- Valve Seat: FKM
- O-Ring: FKM
- Diaphragm: PTFE (+ EPDM Backer)
- Gasket: PTFE
- Pump Head: PVC
- Tube Material: Polyethylene (PE)
- Tubing: 1/2" OD PE
- Max Flow: 5.5 GPH
- Maximum Strokes Per Minute: 0.94
- Options: With MAVV
- Control: Digital Speed Control, Manual Stroke Adjustment, External Pulse & Analog Input
- Weight: 23 lbs.
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 122 °F (0 to 50°C)
- Liquid Temperature: 32 to 104 °F (0 to 40°C) for PVC based Liquid Ends; 32 to 140 °F (0 to 60 °C) for PP or PVDF based Liquid Ends
- Relative Humidity: 30% to 90% non-condensing
- Maximum viscosity: 200 cP
- Suction lift: 5 feet
- Metering accuracy: ±2%
Beneficial Features of Walchem EHE31E1-VC Chemical Metering Pump
The following are a few beneficial features of Walchem EHE31E1-VC chemical metering pumps:
- The pump operates at 360-strokes per minute, thereby ensuring high resolution feed.
- All E-series pumps feature dual bearing support, which enables high speed performance.
- The metering pump features high compression ratio, which makes it suitable for priming off-gassing products.
- The valve assemblies in the discharge fittings and suction feature tapered seats and ball guides.
- Hydraulic output of this pump is high, which is due to economical use of electricity.
- Microprocessor based control circuitry of the pump allows an operator to control the external input, as well as pump speed effectively.
Product Description of Walchem EHE31E1-VC Chemical Metering Pump
Walchem’s EHE31E1-VC chemical metering pump belongs to the EHE series, which are categorized under E-series metering pumps. These pumps are known as the workhorse of E-series. These pumps are designed to perform in harshest process environments.
E-series pumps are manufactured to provide high-speed performance. These pumps operate at 360-strokes per minute, which indicates its capability to provide chemical feed at high resolution. However, most other competitive products in the market operate at lower speeds, and also have various disadvantages.
The pumps from E-series feature dual bearing support. This means, the shaft and the armature feature bearings on their ends. These bearings help ensure appropriate axial movement, thereby enabling the pumps to perform 360 SPM while improving the diaphragm life.
There are dual check assemblies in both discharge, as well as suction fittings. These assemblies are equipped with ball guides, as well as tapered seats. The parts are molded and precisely machined. This helps ensure the full seating and sealing of the ball with every stroke. Also, the excellent check valve design helps ensure reliable performance, as well as fast priming.
All EHE series Walchem pumps are known for their high compression ratio, which helps ensure proper feed. The compression ratio depicts the ability of the pump to prime and vent. The feed is especially advantageous for off-gassing products (such as sodium hypochlorite). The pump is equipped with microprocessor-based control circuitry because it allows operator to adjust pump speed, as well as external speed buttons through a 4-button keypad.
The EHE metering pumps are WQA tested. Also, these pumps are certified to ANSI/NSF Standard 50 and Standard 61.
Applications of Walchem EHE31E1-VC Chemical Metering Pump
This chemical metering pump is suitable to use in various industries such as water treatment, agriculture, food and beverage, car wash, water conditioning, as well as various chemical feed applications. These pumps are suitable to use with the following materials:
- Sodium hypochlorite
- Potassium permanganate
- Sodium bisulfite & bisulfate
- Ferric and soda ash